• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My little duck friend

How sweet:love: looks like you have a new friend :lol:

He's beautiful, isn't he? :love:

He suddenly appears on the roof of a house behind ours then flies over and lands in our front garden where he walks up and down quacking until I feed him :D

Aww, how lovely. Sounds rather like the herring gul I 'adopted' when I was on holiday in
Pembrokeshire last week. Three times a day he'd appear for food. Regular as clockwork :lol:. Would just plonk himself on the lawn ouside my window and wait until I fed him. The funny thing was that he wouldn't eat if you threw him food from any window other than the bedroom :shock:. It was as though he'd decided the bedroom window (ground floor) was 'safe' so that's where he would eat. I called him Gammy coz he had a bit of a gammy leg and a limp :(. Hope the new people in the cotrage are looking after him.

Aww, how lovely. Sounds rather like the herring gul I 'adopted' when I was on holiday in
Pembrokeshire last week. Three times a day he'd appear for food. Regular as clockwork :lol:. Would just plonk himself on the lawn ouside my window and wait until I fed him. The funny thing was that he wouldn't eat if you threw him food from any window other than the bedroom :shock:. It was as though he'd decided the bedroom window (ground floor) was 'safe' so that's where he would eat. I called him Gammy coz he had a bit of a gammy leg and a limp :(. Hope the new people in the cotrage are looking after him.

Awwwww.

He came for breakfast this morning, I had to feed him twice as he hoovered up the first lot and had a lie down until I fed him again!

It's a pretty duck! When we first got our pool, these same 3 ducks would have a visit to our pool every day, for a swim and a toilet break!:oops:

Back