• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Sulking

J&R

Mama Doe
How long do your buns sulk for after a vet trip?

Fiver went yesterday afternoon and not only is he still not talking to me, he's refusing any food I give him (he's happily eating grass and brambles from the bush but if I cut a piece off for him he refuses it and he won't eat his pellets) he's also hiding from me every time I go outside.

On the plus side he was a very good boy at the vets but how long can he keep the sulk up?

It's only Donny and Lola out of mine that sulk. And when I say sulk.. I mean full on cry baby sulks :lol: they usually forget about it after a few hours, but they don't accept anything for ages, no food, treats or anything :lol: just sit on their house and sulk together :lol:

Bella only sulks for about 5 minutes. She gets over things like that pretty quickly, and if she seems to still be stressed out you can just bribe her with treats :lol: Boris however, would sulk for hours during which he refused to even look at me :lol:

Rosie's joined in now! She didn't even go to the vets but her man is miffed with me so they are putting up a united front :lol:

I think it might be time to break out the fenugreek crunchies

My bun will sulk for at least 48 hrs after a vet trip. He is normally seriously affectionate rabbit and spends at least an hour over a day grooming me but after his nail clipping on Mnday afternoon I only got a single token lick if I sat down with him and then he turned his back on me and flicked his feet out in the seriously miffed way they do. Even funnier was if I gave him a crunchie he would carefully take it off me and hold it in his mouth ( unheard of) and wait for me to walk away before he would start to eat it:lol:

Suddenly Wed afternoon we got the usual licky bunny back who was eating everything in front of him.

Elsa can sulk all day, she does the same thing - refuses to take treats I've offered her, but eats them if I leave the shed (little does she know I'm watching on the bunny cam :lol: ) Even fenugreek crunchies!!

On the other hand, Elmo goes "yay I'm home!" and is back to normal straight away :)

Back