• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rescue Event - Copmanthorpe - Photos p37

Captain Helen

Wise Old Thumper
I'll be doing a stall for Acomb Rabbit Rescue at the Copmanthorpe Carnival in York on Saturday 6th July.

Hopefully RedFraggle will be helping me out, but if anyone else can help out or if you have any stuff you could donate for it, that would be great :D

Or if you're going anyway, then come over and say hi :D

Last edited:
I'd love to but unfortunately it's MILTB's birthday :( Have fun and I hope you raise lots of pennies!

What sort of stuff would you like donating? xx

I'd love to but unfortunately it's MILTB's birthday :( Have fun and I hope you raise lots of pennies!

What sort of stuff would you like donating? xx

That's a shame, but thank you :)

I don't really know, because I don't know what I'm doing :oops: I've only done information stalls so far with a collection tin, but not selling anything. This is a bit over whelming!

So far I've got a gazebo, and a few boxes of books and bric a brac. I don't know if I should take any bunny biscuits to sell. Don't know if we're allowed a tombola (I'm sure I read something about needing a licence for a 'game of chance'?), I haven't heard back from the organisers about that. I know we're not allowed to sell food or drinks.

We are having a stall at the local Echt show, we did it last year.
Make sure you can tie your gazebo down securely, it was windy when we were there and it nearly blew away. We had halfpenny merchandise, a book with stories about the animals and a couple of boards with some of the more dramatic stories. We didn't take in a huge amount but did meet people, got our name out and advertised our open day. Good luck and have fun.:D

If its just a bric a brac stall would you like some disney stuff to sell?

I can donate some paper lanterns, nightlights and string lights with pooh bear, carz, toy story, tinkerbell etc on them. All new...

If you want me to send some pm me an address to send it all to. :D

I can donate some paper lanterns, nightlights and string lights with pooh bear, carz, toy story, tinkerbell etc on them. All new...

I could probably collect them if Captain H can't to save on the postage.

I am definitely helping you out. In fact I am going to order bunny ears right now!

Awesome. :D I need to give my bunny ears a good scrub.

We are having a stall at the local Echt show, we did it last year.
Make sure you can tie your gazebo down securely, it was windy when we were there and it nearly blew away. We had halfpenny merchandise, a book with stories about the animals and a couple of boards with some of the more dramatic stories. We didn't take in a huge amount but did meet people, got our name out and advertised our open day. Good luck and have fun.:D

I think I'm going to get the gazebo out in the garden to practise, so I don't make a fool of myself on the day :oops: :lol: I've been looking for bunny shaped keyrings that I could get the name printed on, but I haven't found any yet. Hopefully it'll help to spread the word even if we don't raise much. :) Thank you xx

That sounds great :D Thank you xx

I could probably collect them if Captain H can't to save on the postage.

That's a good idea, thanks :D

Thankyou but I was going to send them via courier.. wasn't going to ask for postage.
Just need an address?

:wave: I meant to save you the money as you're already being generous enough to donate some bits :D That said, not sure when I would get over so it's probably best to send it.

I would have loved to have come as God Knows we could do with a day out but July is busy for us and
the boarding but so far July 6th is ok but that could all change by tomorrow so I can't promise but if we
don't make it I hope you have a brilliant day and the weather is good for you :thumb:

Back