• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Amount of food for dwarf lionhead

mrfluffy

New Kit
Hi all,

Just wondering how much food i can give my dwarf lionhead ? how much grass? he has hay in his tray so munches that plus the pellets in a bowl, but i am afraid to give anything else in case it upsets his tummy. His poos were black last week so stopped giving grass and rocket leaves but i gave him a tiny few strands last night of grass and he nearly jumped at my hand to eat them so definitely looking for more foods to give.

There has been a few comments on here recently about darker, smaller poops and grass - this is normal I believe, so you should be able to keep on giving grass although introducing slowly.

My rabbits are usually free range and used to grass but are currently confined in their accommodation as their bond broke down. I now put in big handfuls of grass and they just graze on it over a period of time, along with other bits and bods I find in the garden. And of course hay is on tap :)

Pellets .. I give a small handful first thing in the morning whilst I clean up for them. I never leave pellets to graze on. Pellets are a treat and are eaten very quickly.

Back