• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Harvey's at the vets :( UD post 6 - anybun had these meds during an op?

Nicola1

Wise Old Thumper
So I went out this morning to check on the bunnies before work and there was fur everywhere. Harvey's nose was ripped open and Zero's nose was cut too :(

Took them to the vets and Harvey has had to stay for stitches in his nose :cry:

The vet said he was surprised because Harvey looks like the big feisty one compared to Zero which is normally true!

So worried about him having his GA :(

I think something must have gone in the garden and spooked them so they turned on each other, or it's a bit of spring/summer fever, they have been bonded for years now.

thanks guys, just had a call from the vets to say he's through his GA - he had two wounds that needed stitching. Still a bit groggy and they want to make sure he's eating etc so I'm picking him up at 5.45 :) so relieved

thanks Susie xx his face is a mess bless him but the main thing is he is sorted, he is home and eating.

I wonder if anyone can tell me something though - I asked for an invoice and he was given medetor, narketan, revertor and vomend which I've never heard of before - as well as baytril, metacam and zantac - what are the others?

Thank goodness they are both ok, I imagine that's quite a scary thing to walk into as you assume they are happily bonded :(

A google of those drugs brings up:
medetor - for sedation
narketan - anaesthetic
vomend - some kind of anti-sickness drug

thanks lovely - just wondering if anyone else's bunny has been given these during an op (new vet y'see!) :wave:

He is eating a little and pooping he just isn't eating as much as he does normally :( know it's because he's still not 100% after the anaesthetic but can't help fretting bless him.

I've not heard of those brands but google shows that narketan is a brand name of ketamine, which is a commonly used anaesthetic drug in bunnies, and vomend is actually metaclopromide, which again is regularly used in bunnies as a gut stimulant. So those two are definitely very common, normal drugs to give to bunnies. Not so sure about medetor, its active ingredients look familiar to me so it's possible that they are used by some vets as part of a normal anaesthetic regime for bunnies.

thanks lovely - just wondering if anyone else's bunny has been given these during an op (new vet y'see!) :wave:

He is eating a little and pooping he just isn't eating as much as he does normally :( know it's because he's still not 100% after the anaesthetic but can't help fretting bless him.

I'll see if I can dig out the invoice for when Smudge had her spay... this may take a while considering my filing system :lol:

oh that's fine if it's just another name for metaclopromide :wave: just had a panic at the idea of a bunny being given anti-vomiting medicine but when I looked it up it has other properties too.

They are a highly-recommended bunny vet, I made sure before I moved, so I'm just being silly!

Back