• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbit agility training

MrsEkky

New Kit
I have a very lively and friendly French lop. I would like to do some agility training to give him something to think about. Does anyone have any advice or help in finding out where I can find some info about how to go about training him. I don't want to start and then find I am doing it all wrong! He already comes in and out of his hutch and will come to me when called. I have him litter trained and he loves jumping and running up and down the stairs.:wave:

I cant remember who it was but someone on here is clicker training their bun to do jumps. You could try something like that :wave:

I cant remember who it was but someone on here is clicker training their bun to do jumps. You could try something like that :wave:

That was Amethyst I think, I'll see if I can find the video thread in a moment. :wave:

There's some info on clicker training here http://www.rabbitawarenessweek.co.uk/behaviour/how-to-clicker-train-your-rabbit and there should be some old threads on it on here too - you should find some in the Old Useful Topics sticky in the Behaviour & Bonding section but can also try popping 'Clicker Training' into the search bar, top right of the forum. :D:D

If you give it a go, let us know how you get on. :D:D

Thanks guys for posting the link to my thread!

If you'd like to PM me about it, I'd be happy to answer questions (or I can answer them on this thread). :wave:

AMETHYST

Thanks guys for posting the link to my thread!

If you'd like to PM me about it, I'd be happy to answer questions (or I can answer them on this thread). :wave:

AMETHYST

Thanks to all for your posts. Haven't tried Dudley yet but I am sure that he can and likes jumping. Just don't know how trainable he is!

How do you use the clicker? I have one on the way. I am not sure if he will be too happy about having a harness fitted. Do you have any tips for getting the harness on without too much stress for both of us?

Back