• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My beautiful cross and her mummys story:c

Hi there im new to this so please bare with me :L well I have an unusual cross of a lionhead and giant continental, she has definatly got her daddys double.mane, we had to foster her and her surviving siblings into a dwarf nest due to their mummy dying, unfortunatly she was the only one to survive and my miriacle, this was a unexpected mating and I adored her mummy, only 6 months old, she didnt die from the birthing process though, a few days prior to giving birth she had chewed through the mesh in her run and caught herself leaving a gash on her stomach, we had booked her in at the vets the same day and they then booked her in for an operation to get it stitched up a week prior to the check over by the vets, well she had her babies to which only a few survived, I took mum away from babies so she could be stitched up by the vet so they didnt cause any more injury, so she was rushed into an emergency vets where we were told we had to leave her over night to which i explained that she had a day old kits at home, the vet said that they would be okay overnight and that I could pick her up first thing the next morning, during the night i recieved a call saying that one of the vets had gotten her mixed up and had accidently put her to sleep, now how they would let something like that happen i dont know but it killed me:'c and I still had to pay the vet fees! For her stay there, we decided that it was simply a mistake and left it at that, but i still had the problem of 5 babies that needed a mummy, loads of people said not to foster them into my dwarfs nest (luckily both litters were born the same day) I ignored everyone and thought theyd have a better chance rather than me hand rearing them, after a few days all but one died, now shes a happy bouncy lovely girl who looks a lot like her mummy but also like her daddy :3 pictures of all three to follow :D

Back