• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Moving home with my buns, advice needed.

Automaton539

Warren Scout
So, as the title, I am soon to be moving home to a (much) cheaper (slightly) smaller flat and was wanting advice, mostly about how the buns will handle it and how to help them along. But also, it's a bareboard floor at the moment so I'll be needing some carpeting and was wondering what you guys would suggest is he best colour for hiding the little accidents my girls have on occasion. 99% of their movements are now done in their tray (finally) but they have the odd one or two if they get a bit excited while I'm cleaning the tray out because they can't get in it.

Oh, and for anyone who knows how to make good sigs, would you mind making one for me if I supply pics of my girls?

Sorry for the bump but I'd really like any advice anyone can give.

Do buns handle moving home well? If not what shall I do to help etc. And the carpet thing, what is the best colour of carpet to mot show bunny stains.

We have always moved bunnies last so their new home is set up before they arrive. Mine are free ranging but have always just put a little rug under the cage (which is their litter tray) just in case as we rent. I dont think any particular colour carpet is best.

I have only ever moved within one city but bunnies coped pretty well with the move. Good luck with the move :)

Thanks, yea, I'll be getting most of the non essentials over first then the big stuff. Including their caging and them. Thanks again, good to know they handle moving well.

We've moved once with Louie and I was really worried about how he would cope. He freeranges 24/7.

We too left him until last to move and he was absolutely fine!

Back