PDA

View Full Version : Apple pips

Elena
13-06-2013, 11:02 PM
I think Smudge may have eaten one by accident, they were sharing my apple. One won't hurt him will it? Am worried now. :(

Hele
13-06-2013, 11:07 PM
I seriously doubt it will hurt. I have known people feeding their buns and piggies whole apple cores for years and years without knowing that pips were bad!

I would keep an eye out, but do t worry too much!x

Barn Yard Bunnies
13-06-2013, 11:20 PM
Until I joined RU I had no idea about apple seeds and I used to feed my bunnies whole apples and they would eat the lot, plus they used to eat the apples that fell from a tree as well. They never got sick.

Don't worry.

Elena
13-06-2013, 11:27 PM
Thanks, panicked when it was there one minute and not the next. He didn't even have that side of the apple nearest him, so how he got it I don't know! It's a bit mayhem though when they have a bit :lol: (sneaky occasional treat ;) )

Barn Yard Bunnies
13-06-2013, 11:51 PM
Thanks, panicked when it was there one minute and not the next. He didn't even have that side of the apple nearest him, so how he got it I don't know! It's a bit mayhem though when they have a bit :lol: (sneaky occasional treat ;) )

My first two buns must have eaten 100's of whole apples over the years, :shock: never did them any harm. Now I cut out the middle.

Hesperus
14-06-2013, 12:18 AM
Yep, don't worry, Harry used to go mad for rotting old cooking apples that had fallen on the ground in the garden, pips and all. I used to try to get them all but Harry would still find bits that I'd missed. It never did him any harm.

I miss old Harry. :cry: