• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Apple pips

Elena

Wise Old Thumper
I think Smudge may have eaten one by accident, they were sharing my apple. One won't hurt him will it? Am worried now. :(

I seriously doubt it will hurt. I have known people feeding their buns and piggies whole apple cores for years and years without knowing that pips were bad!

I would keep an eye out, but do t worry too much!x

Until I joined RU I had no idea about apple seeds and I used to feed my bunnies whole apples and they would eat the lot, plus they used to eat the apples that fell from a tree as well. They never got sick.

Don't worry.

Thanks, panicked when it was there one minute and not the next. He didn't even have that side of the apple nearest him, so how he got it I don't know! It's a bit mayhem though when they have a bit :lol: (sneaky occasional treat ;) )

Thanks, panicked when it was there one minute and not the next. He didn't even have that side of the apple nearest him, so how he got it I don't know! It's a bit mayhem though when they have a bit :lol: (sneaky occasional treat ;) )

My first two buns must have eaten 100's of whole apples over the years, :shock: never did them any harm. Now I cut out the middle.

Yep, don't worry, Harry used to go mad for rotting old cooking apples that had fallen on the ground in the garden, pips and all. I used to try to get them all but Harry would still find bits that I'd missed. It never did him any harm.

I miss old Harry. :cry:

Back