• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

unusual markings

opheliabun

New Kit
I'm not sure if posting links is aloud. If not I apologise and please admin delete this thread.

I was doing my general random viewing of local rescues websites looking at the bunnies as I will be getting a husband for Ophelia st some point. Even though I wouldn't buy from gumtree I always have a look. Guilty I know. has anyone got a bun or seen one with markings like these. http://www.gumtree.com/p/pets/lop-eared-rabbit/1021718746

I think he is lovely looking and I'm just very happy he is not up too cheap or free. He seems unusual and I have not seen a rabbit like him before

He looks beautiful but I'm afraid I have no idea about his markings.

Are you tempted to enquire further about his situation?

It's such a shame isn't it x

They're vienna markings, if a rabbits parents/grandparents are blue eyed white they often carry the vienna gene which can cause blue eyes or white patches or both on almost any colour of rabbit. The markings often resemble those of a Dutch rabbit but they have completely different genes, nothing to do with vienna and so rabbits like the one in the picture are often mistaken as Dutch crosses

They're vienna markings, if a rabbits parents/grandparents are blue eyed white they often carry the vienna gene which can cause blue eyes or white patches or both on almost any colour of rabbit. The markings often resemble those of a Dutch rabbit but they have completely different genes, nothing to do with vienna and so rabbits like the one in the picture are often mistaken as Dutch crosses

I looked at him and thought 'Dutch cross' :oops: :lol:

Rabcat I am tempted to find out more about him but I'm not ready to house another rabbit yet so it will just lead to nothing. I'm best just to forget about him :( he is a beauty though

Back