• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbit Boarding at Fat Fluffs

*bookmarks*

Fantastic especially as your not too far away from Sutton Coldfield. :D
It would be helpful if you put costs of boarding on the site. The size of the accomdation and the types of buns/ and or numbers of bonded buns it would suit would be brilliant. I have taken bonds up for boarding in the past and been gob smacked by how small the accomdation has turned out to be in reality compared to what they are used to so now my adult kids mostly look after my buns when I go away.

Looks really lovely. :thumb: We are lucky we have a super bunny boarding place just up the road from us and it really puts your mind at rest. I have had friends come to the house in the past but was never happy with the care. It`s great when you have someone who looks after buns to the standard you do. Also I think it`s nice for the buns to have a change of scenery and watch the other buns.

Wow, amazing. I am envious of your bunny barn. I started bunny boarding up in April, but just have two hutches (both very large) and a 12ft outdoor run to rotate the guests and my girls in through the day, tlc and cuddles come free too! I would love the set up you have. You never know, I suppose, from little acorns and all that...[starts measuring up garden and patio] ;)

Wow, amazing. I am envious of your bunny barn. I started bunny boarding up in April, but just have two hutches (both very large) and a 12ft outdoor run to rotate the guests and my girls in through the day, tlc and cuddles come free too! I would love the set up you have. You never know, I suppose, from little acorns and all that...[starts measuring up garden and patio] ;)

Hi

I see you're not too far away from me. Maybe I can refer people to you when I'm full - what size hutches do you have? Is the run on hardstanding? I'm already turning people away for the summer so we need more good boarding providers in the area.

I started off with just a couple of spaces for boarding but demand has seen me grow both in rescue terms and for boarding.

Helen

Hi Helen,

A bit about me...

I have two girls and a bunny addiction, I shall get that out of the way, first. I have lots of animals and am a slave to them all. :love:

I have two hutches, a single storey measuring 5ft x 2ft and a double measuring 4ft x 2ft. I would say that these are rabbit "shelters" for nightime, rather than "holiday homes" as they are able to come out during the day. They are secured with locks and with latches with padlocks, and I have the Hutch Snuggler's for wet weather. I use the Trixie animal pens for runs, since they are easy to clean with pet safe disinfectant and kitchen roll, cannot be chewed, can be linked together in different variations and give the rabbits nice height. I cover the tops of the pens with galvanized heavy mesh so that the rabbits are safe from predators and cannot jump out. I generally link 2 together, which gives them nice binky space and I also have a runaround tunnel which they love. The runs are generally placed on driveway pavers (my patio areas) as this is good for disinfecting and the pavers, being pourous, don't trap lots of rainwater in puddles, so that works out quite well. Though I do let the rabbits out on the grass too for a nibble and a dig, and I just rotate the pens and make sure the area is hosed down well and all poos are cleared up (make good border fertiliser)

I feed fresh food daily, and go through bags of Timothy hay. I put this in a large planter (trough) on it's side, which again, is easy to clean and the bunnies love a rummage. They also all have water changed daily and I make water available in bowls, too, since my two seem to much prefer this to the bottles (though they are attached to the hutches too and put through the dishwasher regularly)

I hope this all sounds okay. Bunny Bunkhouse in Fleet have also asked if I can be on their list of "alternative providers" as one of their clients visited me on Monday as they could not fit her in and she was very impressed and gave me really good feedback, having booked her two boys in in August :D and I had a pair of rabbits during May half term and the lady was very pleased.

I still have quite a lot of availability at the moment, so any help would be most welcome. My website is at www.dandeliondenbunnies.co.uk, and there are photos of the accommodation on there if you would like a closer look. Or if you are over this way, you are welcome to pop in and have a look :wave:

Jenny

forgot to say, if it's wet, the rabbits come into my bunny proof (apart from the breaking into bags of hay) conservatory. I think there is a picture of Jasper on the website, having made himself at home on the sofa!

Back