• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Ideas for nervous bunny..

Aly&Poppy<3

Wise Old Thumper
I need some ideas on how to keep Charlie entertained.. I feel really bad because she's in the shed on her own :( she's really nervous and seems to like having a chew of things so I'm weary of a teddy. Although I could see how she goes with one later.

This is what she's in. She only really goes upstairs to eat the hay up there or hide from us.

She doesn't seem to play with things, just digs and pushes out the blanket for the corner where she spends her time. I've got some things to give her later, cardboard box and seagrass ball, so will check and see if she's okay with those later too.

I wish she could understand that I'm trying to help her and I'm not going to hurt her :(

Its hard isnt it as you really want them to be happy and not afraid :(

Your idea about a seagrass ball is good - mine only really take notice of the willow balls I give them and dont play with much else. They do love a cardboard box though!

Does she like herbs? I have hidden herbs in a small ball of their hay that mine have then jumped on and enjoyed pulling apart.

I hope she settles soon x

Its hard isnt it as you really want them to be happy and not afraid :(

Your idea about a seagrass ball is good - mine only really take notice of the willow balls I give them and dont play with much else. They do love a cardboard box though!

Does she like herbs? I have hidden herbs in a small ball of their hay that mine have then jumped on and enjoyed pulling apart.

I hope she settles soon x

I have a seagrass ball and one of those willow style balls too, I know the rest like ripping them apart so I bet she will too :lol:

She loved the hawthorn I gave her, I'm going to get some more later for all of the rabbits. I was a bit worried because I didn't want to upset her stomach but after the hawthorn her poos became even more golden! :lol: Maybe I could stick some grass in the ball that has some gaps in, that's a great idea :D

Cut some holes out of your cardboard box so she can run in and out of it, all my buns love that :wave:

I think she'll love the box, it's pretty big! Maybe I could tie some bunches of hay off the top of it, or stab some holes and poke bits through those too :)

What about a dig box? Mine all love digging. Apple and/or willlow brances to chew? Cardboard box sounds good. They love hidey places dont they?

What about a dig box? Mine all love digging. Apple and/or willlow brances to chew? Cardboard box sounds good. They love hidey places dont they?

She's been digging in that litter tray but I have a small litter tray I can fill with some soil, or even megazorb :lol: The apple tree is growing back still but there is a huge pear tree waiting to be trimmed! :) Could make a pear stick mobile kind of thing :)

My Talullah is exactly the same, the only thing I've seen her enjoy is her tunnel :( She has toys, digging boxes, stools and empty loo rolls etc and barely notices them after 5 minutes!

My Talullah is exactly the same, the only thing I've seen her enjoy is her tunnel :( She has toys, digging boxes, stools and empty loo rolls etc and barely notices them after 5 minutes!

My 2 NEthies are the same. Best thing I've given them is an upside down cardboard box with cutaways so they can hide in it and holes in the top to stick treats in which they jump up and eat. It has to be in cetain place tho. They get behind it and push it away from the side of the run where I originally put it and then go round the back of it to their litter tray. Dont know why as its a longer route. Think they're lazy tho as they use it as a step off their ramp instead of coming down the full length:lol: They like a tunnel too.

Back