• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Just came across a loose bunny

Sarah

Mama Doe
Just doing the school run when I had to brake due to a large white rabbit :(. Anyway stopped the car and knocked on a few doors - apparently it is always out? It is only two minutes from me (newish estate) and I have never seen it. Am just waiting for the electrician to come then will go back to try and find the owner.

My vet is coming to do my myxo vaccs this morning - would the RSPCA come out do you think? The bunny was loose close to a play area so I don't have a hope of catching it - plus there are foxes around here.

I dunno - they might.

I drive to Scarborough every week & a few years ago there was big white bunny alongside the A64. A few weeks later there were loads of wildie cross REWs:love::love:
Haven't seen any for a long time, so guess they got predator'd or the rew gene bred out:love:

Well found the owner who said that it kept escaping "because that's what rabbits do" - she was massively rude and told me to go away (in different words!!). The bun was in the middle of the road again and soaking wet so have rung the RSPCA and reported it - not sure what else I could have done?

Should have taken pics perhaps but all the neighbours would verify it.

Grrrr!!!

Back