• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

May Be a Silly Question

RavenMoon

Mama Doe
When talking about rabbit ages, do you take as 4 weeks to the month or should I work it out from her birthday? Probably seems daft but Pooka is at 19 weeks this Friday (time goes fast!) and I'm trying to work out if it will be 5 weeks on Friday that she'll be old enough for the spay or 6 months from the 1st of Feb. I know it's going to be dependent on what the vet says too (assuming she's not become too fat :p), but I also want to work out which of these dates her pellets should be reduced on too.

Feel free to say it doesn't matter too!

I've always based it on full months from their date of birth... but having said that I've completely guesstimated all of my bunnies' birthdays! So I don't think it matters, it's just a rough guide really. If you're uncertain I'd wait until the later date to give everything chance to develop :D

Back