• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

"People are going on holiday, they'll probably just get a new one when they get back"

teejay

Warren Scout
"People are going on holiday, they'll probably just get a new one when they get back"

I just read biscuitblossom's reply on bunnymadhouse's "omg...omg..." thread, and it got me thinking.

I know that some people really do see their pets as disposable....:censored:......and the lucky ones find their way to the already bursting-at-the-seams rescues (who do an amazing, selfless job).......but I'm so glad that I get to see the flip-side to this when owners bring their pets to me for sometimes very long-term boarding, because it restores some of my faith in human beings.

For example, I've just had two guinea pigs 'check in' for the whole of the Summer (until October) and the bill was £750 (and than was with a discount)......:shock:......and I know 100% that the owner will collect them bang-on time and as arranged, cos she did exactly the same last Summer!

That's what you call a devoted owner, who puts the needs of her pets first. I so wish there were more people like her out there.

Tracey

I agree. There are some good people out there. My bunny and piggy boarding always costs far more than my share of the holiday :lol:.

Mine are off to a boarders the end of the month. The price for the weekend is the same as the dinner, bed and breakfast for one night for three people.

But in my mind it is worth it to know they are with expirianced carers who know how to care for them and how to spot any signs of illness. Thus getting them to the vets quicker. Not to say it going to be easy to leave them for the first time. But it helps to reassure me.

I have also found that people that board their bunnies with us are not only great bunny owners and love and care for their bunnies but are just lovely lovely people :D

I hope you don't think I was implying everyone is a bad owner, trouble is not everyone thinks about boarding bunnies.
I was talking to someone the other day via Facebook who was trying to regime a rabbit. They were working away from home and only back Saturday and Sunday, thought it was fine that someone fed the rabbit twice a week .....sometimes I just despair of people .

Its all too easy just to treat animals as disposable items , I personally just don't go on holiday because I would rather be at home with my lot ,if I do have to go somewhere overnight then my mum lives one door up and my son is at home after work.

My bunny boarding always costs far more than my share of the holiday :lol:.

This exactly! But I wouldn't send them anywhere else!

I don't often go away but I left them for a month last year and they're off (hopefully) again for a week in August :(

First 'holiday' with the OH :love:

I remember friends going on a very expensive holiday and not being willing to spend money on boarding. It just made me :evil::censored:. the boarding would have probably added about 1% to the price of their holiday. Love about the pets who get an extended summer break tho.

My buns and pigs will be going to boarding soon with an experienced bunny/piggy person. she's lovely and I know if they need vet care they will get it straight away. I still hate leaving them tho...

Back