• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Is this crate big enough?

Rosie-Lil

Alpha Buck
I'm on the lookout for a nice dog crate for Rosie-Lil. The largest I've found is 76x53x60cm, as I really do want a coloured one!

I'm wondering if anyone has one of a similar size, or you think it would fit the necessary litter tray, food bowl ect with maybe some room for a little stool for her. Just to make one thing clear, she is never penned and has free range of a 110sqft bedroom at all hours, so that's not why I'm concerned. I just want to make sure everything will fit! :thumb:

P.S if anyone knows of any larger ones at a reasonable price that are coloured or can be coloured, I'm all ears.

If you get a silver one you could probably plastikote it, not sure though, just thought it might be easier than a black one :)

I've got a 48inch one and that fits a 32L storage box litter tray in. A crate the size you found would fit a 32L in so anything smaller would fit too and both would leave space for food bowl/water bowl I should think :)

I never thought of plastikote! How long do those take to dry generally, I don't think I'd have anywhere to put it whilst it were drying off.

I never thought of plastikote! How long do those take to dry generally, I don't think I'd have anywhere to put it whilst it were drying off.

When I did Apollos wheel and cage levels I left them a day, but they were in a cold shed so that didn't help! That was with the spray so it was reeeeally stinky! I imagine paint would be better on a silver crate too. I don't know how it would would out but a few coats might help, no idea :lol:

I think I may just get this crate. I'm not very practical and if I painted anything it would probably end up with cat hair stuck to it :oops::lol:

Thank for your help, I look into those storage boxes too.

Back