• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Serene Um/Rescue Remedy

Fifibutton

Wise Old Thumper
I'm looking into a herbal aid that will help to calm three of my rabbits two of which are very nervous and adverse to handling which means claw clipping turns into how many times can we scratch the human. And the other rabbit is going through bonding but is displaying nervous aggressive behaviours and since her potential partner is a lot smaller than her she could floor him easily which of course I want to avoid. He wants to be friend with her incidentally and I think she reciprocates but is very unsure and wavers a lot.

So I thought if she were more relaxed the bonding might become less stressful but I am wary of giving the rabbits things I don't know much about. But I have heard of serene um for rabbits and the human Back rescue remedy being given.

Has anyone used either of these before for bunnies? Is it safe to give and do they work? Especially in bonding and claw clipping situations.

I give Bach flower remedies to all my animals when I feel it's needed, different ones are for different things :thumb:

I have used Rescue Remedy for taking stressy buns to the vets. I find the reaction differs from bun to bun, some chill out very nicely with it and for others it didn't make a lot of difference.

I've also found a chamomile infusion to be helpful, I found this one by accident after feeding chamomile tea to Oidhche to encourage her to drink. Chamomile has a calming effect on humans so perhaps it has the same effect on buns?

I put rescue remedy in their water when they first come here or if I move them. Dont know if it helps but I feel better knowing its there for them.

This is a useful website with info on flower essences for bunnies. I sent for some holly, rockwater and beech when Gabriel was being a horrid humping monster when bonding with Spring. I like to believe the drops helped, certainly the humping was a lot less - though it may have been a co-incidence!

http://bananasforbunnies.org/?page_id=255

Back