• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I saw a wild hare

*Funny*Bunny*

Warren Veteran
I think! I was driving on the motorway and something in a field caught my eye, I thought it was a deer at first because deers do the kind of jumping motions, then I realised it definitely couldn't be a deer, not the right body shape, so thought someone might be walking their dog, maybe it was a whippet. Then I got closer to it and glanced back and it had big ears and the body shape of a hare and was hopping really fast and high along!! IT WAS MASSIVE!!!!!!! Considering I thought it was a deer or dog you can imagine how big this was, and I was a good 100-200 metres away and could still make out its body shape :shock: are hares usually quite big????

And on the topic of big, I left the bunnies with my mum for 4 days and I've come back and they're huge :shock: they've not gotten any bigger, I just forgot how big they were :lol: I have always found it strange that my friends see them and call them big bunnies because technically they're medium buns (well Lilly may be on the verge of being big at 3kg....), now I understand though!

I saw one for the first time the other day, i was amazing by how big they are too!

Aw wow :love: I've just been watching loads of baby and adult bunnies running around the field and drive at my bf's, they're so cute when they run :lol:

I'm glad people have replied I was beginning to think I'd gone crazy and everyone was thinking "Erm hares aren't very big... I can't believe she mistook a dog for a hare" :lol: but if the general consensus is that hares are massive then it must have been one! I was amazed at it! I want to see another now :lol:

I've never seen a hare as big as a deer! The ones I see round here are 2 maybe 3 times the size of a wildie bun, I wonder if I've just not seen a fully grown one?

I've seen a few mountain hare when we've been hillwalking but not seen too many browns.

Spot the hare:lol:

I've never seen a hare as big as a deer! The ones I see round here are 2 maybe 3 times the size of a wildie bun, I wonder if I've just not seen a fully grown one?

they aren't actually as big as deer :lol: it just looked to be from a distance :love:

You're lucky to see a hare, I saw one once years ago, something must have scared it as it ran past me about 2 to 3 feet away from me when I was walking down the field. I've never seen one again.

I remember seeing two hares chasing each other and they past right in front of my dads car, I thought they were a farmers dogs at first, they were huuuuuuge!! :shock:

Back