• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Urgent Help please :(

has he been nibbling or chewing at it.
wondering if his bum is sore and he cant get to it to clean it?
the vet will help you tomorrow

has he been nibbling or chewing at it.
wondering if his bum is sore and he cant get to it to clean it?
the vet will help you tomorrow

It just seems to be since his plums have shown hes dirty. Hes booked in for the 28th for his neuter but I might try move it soon

It just seems to be since his plums have shown hes dirty. Hes booked in for the 28th for his neuter but I might try move it soon

when you go to vet's just get them to check him out all over, teeth ears etc.

I am most probably wrong but the only thing I can think of is that he's been overgrooming it, or biting it.
This can be a sign of pain somewhere.

What is it he's fed on?
Could he have got into something that he shoudn't that's made his bum get mucky?
I'm sure he'll be fine xxxxx

when you go to vet's just get them to check him out all over, teeth ears etc.

I am most probably wrong but the only thing I can think of is that he's been overgrooming it, or biting it.
This can be a sign of pain somewhere.

What is it he's fed on?
Could he have got into something that he shoudn't that's made his bum get mucky?
I'm sure he'll be fine xxxxx

He has unlimited hay from hayforpets t&r and
A small scoop of pellets in the morning

We have been letting him in the garden so maybe the grass?

if yuri has too much fruit/veggies/grass/pellets this happens

also when she chooses to lay in a dirty litter tray :roll:

Yep, what's going on underneath? If he's mucky/wet there it might be tracking up. Is he wet mucky or poop mucky?

Hi
Have you checked him thoroughly all around the crease above his tail ? I once had a bun that got flystrike due to a bit of a mucky bum but the fly managed to lay the eggs above the tail and not underneath. It would be very easy to miss.

Have a good look by keeping bun upright and pulling his tail down - may take two of you to be able to do it thoroughly.

Sorry if you've already thought of this but most people assume flystrike happens underneath and it very often doesn't

I hope it's something much simpler that has caused the soreness - good luck at the vets today :thumb:

Back