• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Molar spurs in 18wk old rabbit

its very likely to be on going, mabel had dentals very young then went whole year without one and nearly another year since, she seems to m=be manageing with her mostly hay diet now

depends how well fed the rabbit has been previously (poor diet can lead to spurs very quickly) but yes I would imagine it'd be an ongoing issue :wave:

I'd imagine it would be an ongoing issue to treat, but hopefully after the first dental and then getting bun onto a good diet of lots of hay will help.

Poor wee mite :(
What's the background?
Any chance of pics of the wee guy? (sorry don't know if a boy or a girl :oops: ) xxxx

Get him on a good hay diet and you might be able to turn things around .

This. Bailey had spurs when I got him. I took him in for his vaccs and got told off by a vet for feeding him wrongly - I only picked him up the day before. :shock: 5 years on and he's never had a dental since.

Poor bunny but also fortunate to have had this spotted. Just imagine how many bunnies just fade away when such dental issues are neither noticed or acted upon.

Back