• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bella's favourite hideaways- confessions of a shy bunny ;L

Jaffacake

Alpha Buck
My name's Belladonna Took, and I am a shy bunny!

My husbun Foxie is a cocky little sod so he gets lots of photos taken of him, and everyone on here knows who he is! But hardly any photos get taken of me :( That's because I like to hide too much. I was from the local animal shelter, and I am not so sure about people sometimes. It's been just over two months, and I am starting to trust people a lot more now. I love the cats! We give each other kisses all the time :love: and Foxie is quite lovely most of the time :)

So I thought I'd share some pictures of my favourite hiding places :D

I like it behind the barbecue, because my Mum has to crawl by the bins if she wants to get to me and she doesn't like doing that so she leaves me be ;)

This tunnel is really cool. I like to sit right by the entrance so if someone comes near me I can run through and escape. :D

This is the step between the top and bottom of my hutch. If I sit here I can run upstairs if someone opens the bottom and downstairs if they open the top. I think that is pretty smart!! :thumb:

This is my favourite tree. I can spend alllll day chilling behind this tree! Although when the sun comes out I run round the garden so so so fast no-one can believe my little legs can manage it! And I do REALLY high binkies. But when I am done, I always go back by my tree. There are nice tunnels by my tree, and a strawberry patch I chewed into.

This is my green den. It is at the bottom of my cage and it has a nice mat at the bottom. Mummy always hides some treats in there for me.

This is my last good hidey place- right next to my husbun Foxie! He's on the look out, so I can have a nap :love:

I love it here, and I love all my toys! But it's hard not to still be a bit scared after my hectic life! I was born, given to a shop, sold, spent the first part of my life locked in an indoor cage, then was moved to a shelter with lots of dogs barking and rabbits sniffing when my owners didn't have time for me. I was there for a month before I got moved to my new home, and all before I've turned 1! So I guess it'll take a while to stop being scared, and in the meantime I don't get picked up unless there's no other choice, and I get nice nose rubs and hand fed treats which I am getting used to as long as people move S.L.O.W.L.Y. :D I've even started coming inside by my own choice, as long as I think no-one else is in the kitchen.
And I have Foxie of course! He's a bit of an idiot, but I love him, and when he's there I don't have to be so scared :love:

Oh my goodness - what a lovely storey from little Bella! :love:

Loving all the pics demonstrating her hidey places :lol:

Bella you are very, very cute :D

Bella you are really beautiful (so is 'bit of an idiot' Foxie). You look a bit like jackeroonie's Pixie and a bit like my Tessie. Glad you are getting more confident. Your hiding places look great :wave:

Hahaha, glad you enjoyed Bella's little story! I will pass all the compliments on to her! :love: I think she's really cute too, I just wish she came out to play a bit more. Hopefully with time she'll work up the courage.

In contrast, this is Foxie's favourite place, smack bang in the middle of the garden :roll:

Bella you are really beautiful (so is 'bit of an idiot' Foxie). You look a bit like jackeroonie's Pixie and a bit like my Tessie. Glad you are getting more confident. Your hiding places look great :wave:

Just found a picture of Tessie :love: :love: SO CUTE! And she does look a lot like Bella, though Bella is darker. I've seen Pixie before too, also beautiful <3 I love bunnies that look like mine :lol:

What breed is Tessie? I was told Belladonna was a lionhead/nethie but I can't see any nethie in her :? She's bigger than Foxie is and she has longer ears! I was thinking dwarf lop/lionhead with uppy ears? Or just a bit of a mix...

Back