• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How on earth do you brush a nervous bun ??

Rabcat

Mama Doe
Hi All :wave:

One of my buns really needs to be brushed daily at the mo but she hates being touched really. She comes to you for food and treats but other than that is quite nervous.

She runs if you try to get near her and although she doesn't nip or anything when picked up it does upset her.

Any ideas for me so that I can tidy her moult up for her?

Many thanks :D

My bun hates being picked up and touched really stresses him. I have a grooming brush and about 3 times a day I give him some dried food in his bowl and very gently brush him just sort of three stripes from top to bottom. He will now tolerate me doing this about a couple of passes before he decided food is not as important as getting away from the brush! At first it was one brush and he was off but if you do it two or three times a day especially when hungry you should be able to build up slowly.

My bun hates being picked up and touched really stresses him. I have a grooming brush and about 3 times a day I give him some dried food in his bowl and very gently brush him just sort of three stripes from top to bottom. He will now tolerate me doing this about a couple of passes before he decided food is not as important as getting away from the brush! At first it was one brush and he was off but if you do it two or three times a day especially when hungry you should be able to build up slowly.

Thank you for this - it's a brilliant idea! I'll try the one stroke at a time method to see how it goes. :thumb:

It's such a shame for her that she gets so stressed as she is really messy with the moult! :(

Brilliant. Helps me too.

I just sneaked in a quick couple of brush strokes while she was snuggled up with her husbun :lol:

Back