• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

A few concerns about Benji

BigBunnyBenji

Mama Doe
Benji has been in his new outdoor home for a few weeks now, and although he loves being outside, I feel like he has started breathing a lot heavier. Even when it isn't sunny outside, like right now, he is still breathing quite fast.

He doesn't eat as much hay, or hasn't for the past few days, but I think that's because I have been letting him free range for the whole day, and he spends the whole day just running around the garden eating bits off every different plant. He doesn't really stop eating for long!

His poops are normally fine, I've noticed the odd runny one but I think it's because he's eating so much greenery. There have been a few stringy poops, but I put that down to the greenery again.

He definitely isn't 'unhappy', he always goes mental when I let him free range, in a good way. It's the only time he will ever binky, which he did about half an hour ago, so he can't be feeling that rotten.

I'm just really anxious because I've never had a rabbit before, that I might miss some crucial illness and Benji get really sick. It's just probably me being paranoid though. :roll:

Last edited:
Have you checked that every plant in your garden is safe? He might be over-indulging a bit and also it is still very warm at the moment, that might be affecting him too. :wave:

Have you checked that every plant in your garden is safe? He might be over-indulging a bit and also it is still very warm at the moment, that might be affecting him too. :wave:

I don't know which plants are safe, but most of them are weeds. We can never grow anything cause our cats just dig them all up. :roll:

I thought it might be the heat too, he was used to being indoors where it was cool all day, so he never really faced the heat.

my first thought was to check everything is bunny safe in the garden incase he has nibbled something he shouldn't have. also, it could be the humidity - it seems awful at the minute. :wave:

Back