• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Question about grass?

Rosie-Lil

Alpha Buck
I've been out this evening picking grass for Rosie-Lil as I don't have a garden. I've picked some lovely lush grass but I'm not a keen plant spotter and was wondering if it's normal for the grass to have sprigs that are oaty looking? I hope that this makes sense, I just want to make sure I'm not feeding her anything harmful.

i know what you mean and yes, they're fine. i read about it yesterday funnily enough but can't for the life of me think where :? :roll:

Oh thank you. I'm glad that wasn't all for nothing! It now looks like I have a field in my kitchen, the things we do for our babies, only to be met with head rub demands and poops! :roll:

I think the "oaty" appearance you describe is seed heads on the grass as it is preparing to re-seed. Perhaps if you can upload a picture we can be more definite?

I think the "oaty" appearance you describe is seed heads on the grass as it is preparing to re-seed. Perhaps if you can upload a picture we can be more definite?

i couldn't think of that before. :roll: that's what i wanted to say :thumb:

I've had a look online and that's definitely what it is. Thank you! I take it that those aren't dangerous?

I've had a look online and that's definitely what it is. Thank you! I take it that those aren't dangerous?

No, they're fine. Well my 2 girls are still alive and kicking and they've got no choice but to eat it as it's all over my grass (and has been for 2 springs/summers on the trot), so I assume not anyway!

Back