• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Suddenly peeing everywhere & wet bum

marchi1990

Mama Doe
Yesterday and tonight Woody went for a wee whilst he was inside - he is an outdoor bun but comes in most days. In 5 years he has not ONCE done a wee inside - apart from yesterday and tonight. Very odd.

Also, I have noticed that his bum is pretty wet lately. I brushed it well tonight and cleared up some matting and knots. I have noticed the wet bum since rear-guard was applied by the vet on Friday.

Any similar experiences?

No, weight is going up which is good!!

Yes he does have loads going on :( I think the wet matted bum may be to do with his heavy moult - the wee is catching on to the falling and thick hair.

My double maned lionhead is really fluffy round his back end and he is never wet, even during moulting, so I'd be concerned there was more to it than that.

Does he look like he strains to wee at all? Possible UTI?

Ec can cause incontinence but its usually accompanied by weight loss.

His immune system is obviously very low. I wonder if it might be an idea to have some bloods done.

There are so many different things going on I wonder if there is some sort of underlying issue.

My double maned lionhead is really fluffy round his back end and he is never wet, even during moulting, so I'd be concerned there was more to it than that.

Does he look like he strains to wee at all? Possible UTI?

Ec can cause incontinence but its usually accompanied by weight loss.

His immune system is obviously very low. I wonder if it might be an idea to have some bloods done.

There are so many different things going on I wonder if there is some sort of underlying issue.

Hi Amy,

Thanks for replying.

I would not say that he strains to wee at all, although possibly I would say that the amount of times he is going for a wee has increased?

His immune system must be low what with the castration (which he did not recover well from) and then the snuffles :(

He has NEVER been a mucky-bummed bunny. Always SO clean. Could it be something to do with the rear-guard which was applied Friday? I did notice that he has been licking himself a lot more down there.

I would say that too. When Doughnut saw Mark last time because she had been stressed he thought she had got cystitis as her immune system is low too. She is on propalin to strengthen her bladder muscles but once she took the veraflox he prescribed she was dry. I think stress can bring on a UTI, well it seems to have in Doughnut's case.

Do I remember correctly that he's a dental bun?

AFAIK dental disease can sometimes cause an increase in thirst which may attribute to the increase in urination but I wouldn't of expected him to be wet as a result.

The only side effect I know of from rear guard is a possible decrease in appetite.

A few months my house bunny Jasper started to pee everywhere after 4 years of never missing the litter tray. There was no sign of what the trouble could be. I took him to vets and after a very extensive examination they thought he had pulled a muscle and this was casuing him some pain and the peeing.

As soon as he got some pain meds he was fine and back to normal.

I hope Woody feels better soon.

Was everythig ok at the post op check after neuter? in case anything's been damaged that shouldn't have been damaged?

Has he ever been panacurred? I had a bun in kidney failure forever ago - suspected EC, but he never lost weight

I would say that too. When Doughnut saw Mark last time because she had been stressed he thought she had got cystitis as her immune system is low too. She is on propalin to strengthen her bladder muscles but once she took the veraflox he prescribed she was dry. I think stress can bring on a UTI, well it seems to have in Doughnut's case.

Awww poor Doughnut, there are just so many possibilities that it could be. I have to say, his bottom is looking better tonight after I un-matted and brushed it yesterday (you would not believe the amount of hair that fell out!)

Do I remember correctly that he's a dental bun?

AFAIK dental disease can sometimes cause an increase in thirst which may attribute to the increase in urination but I wouldn't of expected him to be wet as a result.

The only side effect I know of from rear guard is a possible decrease in appetite.

Yes, dental bun - spurs which need shaving every 4/5 weeks unfortunately.

A few months my house bunny Jasper started to pee everywhere after 4 years of never missing the litter tray. There was no sign of what the trouble could be. I took him to vets and after a very extensive examination they thought he had pulled a muscle and this was casuing him some pain and the peeing.

As soon as he got some pain meds he was fine and back to normal.

I hope Woody feels better soon.

That is interesting about Jasper. Woody was littered trained but has now decided he most definitely is not!

Was everythig ok at the post op check after neuter? in case anything's been damaged that shouldn't have been damaged?

Has he ever been panacurred? I had a bun in kidney failure forever ago - suspected EC, but he never lost weight

He about about 4 checks post-op and nothing was picked up as being abnormal. He was extremely swollen in the scrotum area (which the vet put down to his age - 5), but other than that (and the subsequent snuffles which he developed), he was fine.

No he has never been panacurred.

I'd speak to your vet about using the panacur as I don't think it would do any harm to run a course as a precaution against EC just incase.

Does he take any pain releif for his dental issues?

Back