• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Alfie's dirty bum help please

Rexripley

Mama Doe
Following on from another topic Alfie has been peeing a lot, for some reason he sits in his litter tray very often and now his bum has got really dirty?

How do I stop this from happening and how do I clean him?

Sounds like he needs a vet check up - could be a sign of a UTI. Fly strike is a worry at this time of year so it's important it doesn't stay like that. I'd bathe it with warm water/cotton wool, but depends how wet he is and what's causing it. Do you have a bunny-savvy vet? :wave:

Im pretty new to bunnies (10 months) how does fly strike happen and how can it be prevented? Hes booked in for his injections on thursday. Is this an urgent vet trip? :(

I would book him in before thursday just incase

if its nothing and hes just getting a dirty bum I had the vet shave yukis bottom so that I could easily wipe her bottom with a cloth when she had periods of dirty bum

I would book him in before thursday just incase

if its nothing and hes just getting a dirty bum I had the vet shave yukis bottom so that I could easily wipe her bottom with a cloth when she had periods of dirty bum

I will do thanks, hopefully it's nothing :$

Back