• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Do your rabbits know...?

Hesperus

Warren Veteran
Yesterday I had to conduct a concert in the next city, and my family all came with me, and so my sister and her friend said they'd look after Ludo for the morning.

He's a single house bun so he never gets left alone for long periods as that wouldn't be fair, on the rare occasion everyone in the house is out, I always arrange for people to come in to sit with him and let him free range and give him the attention he deserves.

Anyway, with me he's a bit cheeky and tries to be naughty but never normally does things more than the odd chew here and there, occasionally he'll try his luck and escape into the hallway, but he doesn't jump into the part of the room he shouldn't or things like that.

My Mum and my sister always tell me that when they look after him he's dreadful. :lol:

Apparently yesterday he jumped on to every possible part of the furniture or the room he shouldn't. He Jumped on to my bean bag and used it to get high enough to jump over the barriers into the half of the room he shouldn't get into. :lol: My sister's friend had to retrieve him from my best furniture. :lol: He was caught climbing on to the roof of his indoor hutch, I daresay to try to get the lids off the food tins. :lol:

Thing is, all these things are there when he's with me, and he doesn't try to do it when I'm here and we're in this room 10-12 hours a day minimum.

So, does anyone else's bunny just know when to try to be naughty because Mummy isn't around? :lol::lol:

Yes, my lot actually nipped my mum at feed time, they have never ever bit anyone or me ever.

When they go into boarding we sometimes get referred agression, yet they aren't bothered about the other pairs/groups in the slightest at home.

I wonder if in Ludos 's case hes searching for you (as hes a single he will view you as his bonded partner).
may be worth cuddling a teddy at night so when you go away he has a buddy who smells like you to cuddle too?

I wonder if in Ludos 's case hes searching for you (as hes a single he will view you as his bonded partner).
may be worth cuddling a teddy at night so when you go away he has a buddy who smells like you to cuddle too?

He used to have one of my teddies but he ignored it! Silly bunny! :roll:

I think maybe he was going for the open packet of SS pellets on the other side of the barrier..:lol:

:lol:seems hes just a naughty boy then :lol:
My animals dote on their Mamar (MIL) and behave great for her!:evil:

Our landlady feeds and sees to R&T when we're away - her and her 15 yr old son call Rupert 'killer rabbit' cos he's naughty and viscious - he's never viscious with me :lol: naughty, yes, but never viscious!

Back