• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Are anyone elses buns out of control at the moment??!

Hello RU :wave:

Question as title! One pair of my bunnies are completely out of control at the moment... how long does spring fever last? :lol:

Roxy and Chaos have been bonded about 6 months now and moved into the wendy house. In the past few months they have destroyed the lino floor on the top level, chewed all the edging board, and wrecked the ramp, despite being fed (probably too much :oops:) fresh hay everyday, they have toys, boxes, hay stuffed loo rolls...

They had a run attached to the side, which also had toys, tree stumps and lots of grass... they chewed the bottom of the wood and managed to peel back the wire and escape.

My garden is rabbit proof for free range time - a few months ago Chaos got out - I still haven't found out where from, and I was in the garden at the time, removing Roxy from my raspberry patch, turned round to check for him and he'd vanished! Some Polish guys opposite brought him back... "Is zis yours?"

Recently I've added a temporary metal pen to the front of the house, theres some bare soil at the front of the balcony part, so obviously that's now got holes in. Put 2 mesh panels over them as a temporary measure. Roxy realised she could move them, so now I've put a couple of paving slabs over it. So now shes just dug another epic hole to the side of it.

For the last few years, all we've been trying to do is get grass to grow for them, we've seeded, turfed, fertilized, stood there for hours watering the grass. We are surrounded by trees so the grass struggles as it is. I'm forever almost spraining my ankle where I've filled in rabbit holes .... but theres never as much soil to put back in as they dig out!! Where does the soil go??

I know they are just being rabbits... but really! My other 2 are little angels in comparison!!

Mine are like it too. :shock:
Rex grunts as well and I can hear him from upstairs. Yuk.
It is slightly strange seeing a mini lop who is tiny trying to make babies with a normal lop. Its just WRONG!

:lol::lol::lol: shouldn't laugh but that was funny :lol:

bisc is hyper at the moment but not compared to yours! :shock:

Molly and Smokey re-enacting the Great Escape.
Dig,Dig ,Dig Push the soil away Dig Dig etc.
At the moment just following them around with the spade.

But I love watching them do what is natural.
No plants left all chopped down.
Love them to bits though:love:

Roxy and Gingersnap are on a mission to destroy my house at the moment. The skirting boards, leather sofas, carpets, door frames etc are getting it. I presume they are following their instinct to dig a burrow so I have provided them with numerous digging boxes in all the corners and I have a huuuuuge supply of willow sticks to keep them occupied.

Skirting boards seem to be so much more appealing though. Good job they're cute and I'm married to a joiner with an unlimited supply of skirting :lol:

Mine seem to be calming down a little (fingers crossed)! Although, I had made sure my pots were filled with rabbit friendly seeds this year and they had just started to peep through.... they lasted about half an hour once the boys had noticed them! At least the humping has lessened :oops: It's not right when it's 2 neutered males, and brothers at that :? :lol:

Mine seem to be calming down a little (fingers crossed)! Although, I had made sure my pots were filled with rabbit friendly seeds this year and they had just started to peep through.... they lasted about half an hour once the boys had noticed them! At least the humping has lessened :oops: It's not right when it's 2 neutered males, and brothers at that :? :lol:

Just searching RU and found this... have been slightly worried as my two neutered brothers have just started humping again! Well, that;s not fair, its just Pebbles humping poor Sandy! :( they've been neutered for about a year and a half?!!! Is it just normal rabbit behav? or is it like when 'the snip' goes wrong?!!!

Pebbles is going to start annoying Sandy.. he makes this weird wheezing / grunting noise and then jumps on!!

Back