• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Slug/snail trails

Cornishlass

Mama Doe
Every morning Smudge's bowl is THICK with slime and the bottom of the water bowl is very thick with it. YUK! Takes me ages to wash it off and then the whole bowl is sliipery. Is there any way to keep them out of his play house???

Could you put some slug pellets round the outside of his playhouse, like a barrier. Is the playhouse damp at all? That will encourage them in, esp during the day.

I've had really good results with copper tape. It comes in a roll and you put it around anything you don't want the slugs and snails to get to. Works a treat as they hate it. Also, you won't hurt anything by doing this. Or the good old beer traps work well too as they love beer and just fall in. You need to clean this out quite offen as you'll be amazed how full it becomes with slimey guests! :thumb:

I've also seen where someone used two peices of copper wire hooked up to a battery to create a mini electric fence :lol:

I buy table salt to put a barrier around the hutches, it stops them until the rain washes it away. Surprisingly it killed the nettles too!

I buy table salt to put a barrier around the hutches, it stops them until the rain washes it away. Surprisingly it killed the nettles too!

Salt will kill a lot of plants ;) nettles are good, i pull them up and dry them and give them to the bunnies. :)

Back