• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

i'm excited!! getting an aviary!*painted!*

biscandmatt1

Wise Old Thumper
wasn't going to mention anything yet... but.. i'm finally getting an aviary! :D i have wanted one for years and years to go against the house.. my mum said a while back why don't i just ask her to lend me the money because i hardly ever ask to borrow money and then i can just pay her back a tiny bit at a time... so i accepted. i do feel bad borrowing money from people though so would never have asked to borrow it for something like this.

anyway... i got the pics through today from the lovely man who is building it.. and it's amazing! i got a great price for it and it's massive!! :thumb: it just needs the mesh added now and then it's ready.

soooo excited. :D

Last edited:
i know it sounds daft but with my anxiety over the pets, this will make such a difference to us. i will feel like the pets are safer and bisc and matt can hop in and out and i won't need o/h to be with me when i let them all outside. the pigs run will be inside the aviary aswell so i can come in and out of the house a bit and know they have extra protection if something did come in the garden.

when o/h goes to stay away with family, it will provide extra security around the back doors so i will be more relaxed about someone breaking in, and the pets will still beable to go out when o/h isn't here.

:love:

Aww, fab! I guess you were going to anyway but use weld mesh rather than chicken wire - buns can chew through that as I found out!! :shock:

Aww that's awesome, can't wait for pics :D

thank you :D:D

Aww, fab! I guess you were going to anyway but use weld mesh rather than chicken wire - buns can chew through that as I found out!! :shock:

:lol: that's what bisc would do with chicken wire - be out easily and off down to tesco or something. :lol: it will have weld mesh, same as a run really.

i will still be either outside with them or just in and out of the lounge and kitchen probably. i wouldn't leave them out and go off for a shower or anything. not that brave :oops:

we hope that in the future when we move, that we can either use it against the house again, or if not, use it elsewhere in the garden for the piggies run to go in when they play outside, and even we hope, as an emergency rescue place if ever needed. :love: so it will get alot of use. :love:

Hi
Can i ask who/ where you getting your aviary from?
I am looking to get one and there is soo much choice i dont know where to start :)
Thanks
Nikki

i know it sounds daft but with my anxiety over the pets, this will make such a difference to us. i will feel like the pets are safer and bisc and matt can hop in and out and i won't need o/h to be with me when i let them all outside. the pigs run will be inside the aviary aswell so i can come in and out of the house a bit and know they have extra protection if something did come in the garden.

when o/h goes to stay away with family, it will provide extra security around the back doors so i will be more relaxed about someone breaking in, and the pets will still beable to go out when o/h isn't here.

:love:

Doesnt sound daft at all. I get anxious when it rains ... they all have either a shed or a hutch to shelter in but ... So glad they will have quality accommodation and that it will be more relaxing for you.

Hi
Can i ask who/ where you getting your aviary from?
I am looking to get one and there is soo much choice i dont know where to start :)
Thanks
Nikki

rabbit hutches uk are building it for me. i emailed for a quote and basic description and he designed it and emailed me the plans. he's a lovely person and has kept me informed with it, sending me updated pics when he put the frame together. it was a brilliant price aswell. i have a run from them which is good quality aswell so went with them again for this. :wave:

Doesnt sound daft at all. I get anxious when it rains ... they all have either a shed or a hutch to shelter in but ... So glad they will have quality accommodation and that it will be more relaxing for you.

it's only a small thing and over the top to some people probably, but the difference it will make to us will be massive. i'm really excited. :D x

when bisc and matt had their shed and run, they used to be out in the rain aswell. i used to worry but matt seemed to love it. :shock: bisc would go out, shudder and go back inside. :lol:

squeal!!!!!!!!!!! :oops: it's here! :D

it's still in the packaging because it needs to stay there until i can find someone to put it together (hopefully my dad ;))! dad is currently very rudely on holiday at the moment though so i will have to wait... boo... i should really paint it before it goes up aswell. :? otherwise i won't beable to reach! :oops:

it looks good from what i can see/have seen on pics.

it's massive aswell. 10ft x 9ft. the bit against the house is really really high because the doors are high, so it's like 7ft 7 or something :shock: ... but that slopes down to meet a normal aviary 6ft high roof, which then goes out straight like a normal aviary.

will of course post pics when it's up.. hopefully soon. :thumb:

Eee, exciting! We require pics of course ;) Of the whole build process :D

here's a pic of it during the build. i will take some more as it goes up. it will be painted in wilko willow paint aswell. :love:

Photo1_zps4b088f01.jpg

Back