• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Anyone know what breed my neighbour's bunny is?

Angie B

Wise Old Thumper
He is an absolute adorable rabbit, so friendly and craves attention (because he is an only rabbit sadly, even though I have advised my neighbour accordingly). He jumps on your lap for a fuss, he's always around your ankles, he's worse than a puppy! When on my lap, he is quite settled and even shuts his eyes :love: and when it's time for me to leave him, he runs around and looks at me all sad; it breaks my heart to leave him but I have no choice *sniff, sniff* he is SO cute :love:

Look at those furry paws!!

And final pose:

Harlequin springs to my mind, but I have absolutely no idea and neither does my neighbour though she's had him at least a year. He's not neutered and bonks all his footballs, bursting them and bonked me last night leaving me some love juice on my joggers. Nice. Again, I have advised her about this. I also doubt if he's vaccinated either, but this post was to see if anyone knows his breed. I can slate my neighbour later ... :lol:

Last edited:
An adorable mini lop is my guess :love::love:

His ears look like his mum might have chewed them when he was a baby?

Yes, well spotted; one ear tip is missing. He was like that when my neighbour obtained him but the reason for it was never passed on to her so we're completely in the dark about that.

I'm thinking mini lop as well, but maybe not pure bred?

Very very very cute though! :love:

I'm thinking mini lop as well, but maybe not pure bred?

Very very very cute though! :love:

He is by far the cutest little bunny I have ever seen (even cuter than my girls :shock: :lol:) especially as he leaps onto my lap and instantly snuggles down :love:

So a mini lop then you think? Okay, thanks :thumb: I very quickly weighed him today as he feels bony (but that's in comparison to my Rex girls who are just heifers compared to him :lol::lol:), but he was about one and three quarter kilos which isn't too bad I guess. At least she's got him off muesli and onto pellets but though he eats grass he won't eat hay, period. I've tried him on a couple of different ones I have but no joy. His teeth have been checked by a vet during RAW week and are apparently okay. Stumped!

Interesting to know about his ears though!

Although, if he is eating grass then I wouldn't worry at all about it. All my rabbits have been exclusive grass eaters and never touch hay. My vet has always said to me that grass is far superior to hay and hay is basically the second best you could give your bunnies :D

I think he is a mini lop too. At that weight and size it would seem to fit. Maybe get him used to eating long meadow grass and then mix in some hay with that? My garden is so overgrown with grass that mine are getting great big handfuls of that along with their hay. :)

Back