• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Two new Arrivals..Sad bunny :(

honeybunny

Wise Old Thumper
We were not meant to be taking any more rabbits but had a call about this pair and just had to collect them

Bought from a backyard breeder then unwanted so passed to a young man who never wanted them and admits he didn't know what he was doing. He was told they were too young to breed so let them out together and sometimes housed them together. The male is 8 months and the doe 12 months :cry:
The male has been constantly humping the doe who had nowhere to hide and is covered in urine among other things and has a few bites on her back, she feels to be pregnant :cry:

Randy little chocolate lionhead now named Quark ( sorry but yes still a cheese theme) will be de plummed very soon

and another

and poor Zola just look at the state of her and pics don't really show how bad it is, she is terrified and stinks..the darker red smears are blood from the bites

and again

This is one of, sadly, many reasons rescuers lose patience with some people

Didnt know they were able to breed at 8 and 12 months old :shock: Not difficult to get hold of the info online... How frustrating. Both of them look lovely. Going to be a cute litter. Hope they all find great homes really soon :love:

Last edited:
Poor little things. Glad they are now in good hands:thumb:

You do some fantastic work! You are saints! Can't wait to see update pics in a few weeks:thumb:

Poor little things! :cry:
Thank you for rescuing them Jill! I hope they, and their babies soon find their forever homes xxx

Oh Bless her she look's so scared :cry:

Quark look's like a cheeky boy! they are both gorgeous it's so sad :(

Glad they are safe and with you now :thumb:

both have eaten well and Quark is booked in to be castrated tomorrow. I know this is very quick after his arrival but he is one very frustrated rabbit and needs his hormones to go so he can relax a bit

both have eaten well and Quark is booked in to be castrated tomorrow. I know this is very quick after his arrival but he is one very frustrated rabbit and needs his hormones to go so he can relax a bit

Continuing vibes for them both. :wave:

Poor buns :(

I hope Quark feels a bit calmer and more relaxed after his little outing today (a trip to see Auntie Emily?) once he's recovered from the surprise!

I hope Zola comes to trust you quickly - she's in a safe place now and I'm sure will realise it soon.

Back