• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Bath a bunny :( gizmos problems continue

bunnylover4

Warren Scout
Our little gizmo really does go through it all. From stomach problems to teeth extractions and this in turn has caused him difficulty cleaning himself so we help him so does his bunny wife Alex although she also causes him problems by barbering making him bald on the neck. :roll: we also had an accident when the other hutch was left open and gizmo ended up having surgery to save his chin (he made a full recovery) he suffers from mites too which all rabbits have but his cause him problems and he has injections to help however his skin problems don't end there he also suffers from very dry flaky skin which despite my rabbit savvy vets best efforts we have not been able to get under control. :cry: so now we have to do a course of baths to dry and help him . The first one being today . He has to have two a week for two weeks then one a week for two weeks.

He is such a placid bunny for one that's been through so much. I just hope he can forgive me for bathing him and understands I am trying to help him

Please send some vibes for gizmo my brave little bunny :(

Bath one all done and he didn't mind the hairdryer :)

:love::love::love:he is soooooo good!!!!! Got in the bath with him and held his head and ears out of the water whilst OH washed him. He was really good. Sort of laid in the water until the shampoo went on then he kicked a bit but still really good for his first ever bath. I am so proud of my little gizmo.

Then got him out and went through four towels getting him dry ish then thought we would see if he would let us use the hair dryer and to our shock:shock:he did!!! He actually seemed to enjoy it. (Obviously on a cool setting and slow speed)

And what's even better news is now he is a dry fluff ball his skin is already looking loads better.

This has been a win win situation and his paws are all white again. Not mucky at all

Loves him so much my brave little gizmo :love:

Thank you:love:

He is such an adorable rabbit with a very friendly nature it's so sad that it is always him with the problems , not that I am wishing problems on any of my others I just wish little Gizmo could get a break he is four years old and despite us having him since he was young and him having all the love a bunny could ask for he just hasn't been lucky with health problems. But to be honest it just makes everyone love him that bit more :love::love::love:

Thats lovely - aww bless him :love:

I hope that these baths work out really well for him.

I used to have to bath one of mine when he had a poopy bum and he would just sit in the sink. I would then chase him round with the hair dryer - he was too busy being nosey in the bedroom to keep still :lol:

He sounds like a little trooper. I had a bun like him & she had to be bathed now & then plus she had long fur She seemed to love the hair dryer it was quite funny watching her face it with her long fur blowing backwards off her face :lol: She's a bridge bunny now & I still miss her even though its been 6 years since I lost her

Awwww bless Gizmo. It sounds like he has many of the problems my Poppy had, she was also a little trooper and was so good with whatever I put her through, I think they must know we are helping. She also loved the hairdryer after a bath, I think the blowing sensation is quite soothing because she also used to sit right in front of a blow heater or the vacuum cleaner vent :lol:

Back