• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Struggling to find a neutered girl for adoption

Rexripley

Mama Doe
I'm looking for a female neutered rabbit to adopt, I've been looking for months and can't find any near aberdeen :(
The sspca have two in but they are apparently very territorial and I need a nice relaxed girl for Alfie.

Last edited:
I'm hoping this is a silly question, but are he girls at the SSPCA spayed? I have to say, we have had a severe lack in (single) females too. We have just had an influx though thankfully!

SSPCA only spay their girls if they are aggressive, mostly, they don't. I struggled to find any females too, I found they sometimes come up on Facebook free ads pages.

If I hear of any near Aberdeen, I'll let you know. There was someone rehoming a spayed female on a FB group, I wonder if she still has her, I can ask.

I'm hoping this is a silly question, but are he girls at the SSPCA spayed? I have to say, we have had a severe lack in (single) females too. We have just had an influx though thankfully!

They only seem to be spayed if they are brought in for rehoming and done before, a girl I know adopted one, had her spayed but she wasnt getting on with her boy so she put her back in, that's one of the girls who is in there

SSPCA only spay their girls if they are aggressive, mostly, they don't. I struggled to find any females too, I found they sometimes come up on Facebook free ads pages.

If I hear of any near Aberdeen, I'll let you know. There was someone rehoming a spayed female on a FB group, I wonder if she still has her, I can ask.

Fairly beloved rabbit care may be able to get you a bun, pop onto their Facebook or website.
I could potentially drive bunny upto you once you'd chosen, they have lots of buns needing homes.
Contact David and see.

Pm me if you need more info xxx

Cuddly critters animal rescue has a fair few females.

I don't know if they rehome nationally though. They are on facebook so you could ask.

That is not true for all SPCA branches. The Rabbits at the Lanarkshire branch are neutered / spayed, vaccinated & microchipped.

That is not true for all SPCA branches. The Rabbits at the Lanarkshire branch are neutered / spayed, vaccinated & microchipped.

Oh that's good to hear then. I spoke with the Inverness branch last week and they said the SSPCA policy was only to neuter/spay if they are aggressive, I just assumed that was an all branches kind of thing. Glad to hear at least one branch does :)

The lady still has her bunny, she's spayed, and lives in Archiestown, apparently about 65 miles from Aberdeen. If you're interested, let me know and I'll PM you the lady's name.

Some of the rescues on here rehome nationally, I'm in Aberdeen and adopted Oidhche from BARC in Barnsley. However if they didn't bond you would have a problem, but you're going to have the same problem adopting from the SSPCA or a private individual. The freeads often have bunnies on them so may be worth a look.

I think the nearest dedicated rabbit rescue to Aberdeen is the one in Fife, unless there's one in Dundee I don't know about.

You could try Buddies Bunny Rescue near Edinburgh if you were able to drive down there. They neuter and vaccinate their buns and let you bring your own bun for bonding and are generally very flexible.

You could try Buddies Bunny Rescue near Edinburgh if you were able to drive down there. They neuter and vaccinate their buns and let you bring your own bun for bonding and are generally very flexible.

I can't recommend Buddies Bunny rescue enough. We got our neutered girl from there and are about to go back for a neutered male as a companion for our new girl. They really know their stuff and will also bond the bunnies for you if that's what you want?

Back