• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Runt is unwell.

halfpenny

Wise Old Thumper
Runt is our 71/2 year old orange Dutch boy, we've him since he was 8 weeks old and he has always been a bright boy. I noticed recently he appeared to be losing weight, but didnt think it was his teeth as he seemed to be eating fine, so I booked him in for blood tests and a general check over.
He has lost weight but not a massive amount, he seems to have lost it along his spine, his coat is scruffy and he's just a bit quiet.
His teeth were not bad, although the vet tidied them up ( first dental ever, and he's been fed rabbit royale all his life), his bloods showed his globulins were raised and his calcium was raised, his kidney enzymes were fine, my worry was he was in renal failure.
The vet did x-rays for bladder/ kidney stones and any tumours because they bloods indicates these were a possibility, but nothing showed up.
So we are treating for a chronic inflammation, the raise globulins indicate this, and have to see how he goes, of course there is a possibility that he has a diffuse tumour somewhere or a lymphoma which hasn't shown up as enlarged nodes on the x-rays.
I just wondered if anybody had any experiences similar.

007-2.jpg

What a gorgeous boy. Sorry I cant offer any medical advice but sending loads of get well vibes for him:love:

I'm so sorry, I have no advice to give, but I hope that dear Runt......aka in my books...Mr. Beautiful, starts to feel better very soon. xx

Back