• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hay - Timmy Stopped Eating

twobunnies&apony

Alpha Buck
Timmy is generally a good hay eater until recently. About a month ago he went off it and I thought it was because he was moulting as he can be a bit funny at coat change time. Anyway it became apparent he needed his teeth doing so I booked him in and all was done last Thursday (feel bad that I didn't twig sooner and just thought it was the moulting). Anyway teeth all fine now but I can't get him back eating hay. He will eat readigrass and yesterday I was so in despair that I bought him an alfalfa wreath from Wilkinsons as he loves them. He tucked in very happily but still won't eat his hay. I have tried a couple of his favourites but no luck. He has lost quite a bit of weight, I am so worried and don't know what to do. I am also worried about feeding too much readigrass as isn't it high in calcium? In addition I don't really want him to get used to having things like this as I'm worried it will be harder to get him back eating his regular hay. Tried mixing grated carrot in with the hay but he just picked it out. Is it likely he will just kind of give in at some point? I'm so worried. :(

oh no, I hope he starts soon.... I have found the Green Oat Hay from the Hay Experts gets munched when all else fails!..

come on Timmy, start nomming !!!,

Fee xxx

Back