• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

6ft by 2.5ft by 2ft hutch available Peterborough/Cambridge area

parsnipbun

Wise Old Thumper
We have what I think is a Happy Hutch (old style) hutch available. We won it last year but want to stick with the style we already have. It has been used for a few months (mainly for tortoises).

We tried to give it to a localish rescue but they seem unable to organise picking it up.

Can anyone else use it or get it to a rescue?

We are just overwhelmed with work and moving related stuff (moved house 10 weeks ago with the 36 buns) and really cannot traipse it round the country - we just want it to go to a good home!!!!

We would prefer it to go soon please as we are sorting out the layout of the new bunny area.(and before it fills with buns!!!!!!!)

PS if anyone is looking for a new bun to go with a new hutch there is a VERY handsome male bun in P@H adoption Peterborough!!:lol::lol:

How about selling it for the cost of a courier (if it wasnt TOO much) then asking for a donation to a rescue of your choice...?

not sure how that would work really - if we cant give it away how are we going to be any more likely to sell it???

:wave: Will it flat pack? How far north of Cambs are you now? Is it 2.5 high or 2.5 deep?...(trying to work out which would be the biggest piece and if it would fit in the car). I work in Cambridge occasionally...and am coming to wood green on 6 July (;)) so if it would fit in my car I'd bite your hand off for it, would be great for fosters once we move house too! :D

Last edited:
not sure how that would work really - if we cant give it away how are we going to be any more likely to sell it???

The main thing that is putting people off is the distance which a courier would solve... It would need to be flat packed.

:wave: Will it flat pack? How far north of Cambs are you now? Is it 2.5 high or 2.5 deep?...(trying to work out which would be the biggest piece and if it would fit in the car). I work in Cambridge occasionally...and am coming to wood green on 6 July (;)) so if it would fit in my car I'd bite your hand off for it, would be great for fosters once we move house too! :D

I shall go and measure and see if it might flat pack. It came flat packed so no reason why not really. I am 40mins from Cambridge. We don't think it's far in fact the friend that lives with us travels in every day.

I will probably be using my car for the July event which is now a c1 so very small but you could collect after the event if not before that

Hiya I bet my neighbour would take your arm off for it, let me ask her. I work in Cambridge every day & have a Citroen Dispatch van (the bigger version) & could collect it any day this week after work except Wednesday or Thursday, with a bitta notice :D
Let me see what she says first & I'll let you know x

If Santa or melons don't end up taking it can i be third in line and will take it to Caroline's, I'm sure she'd jump at it.

Back