• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

If miss binky is kept in overnight...

Fluffs mum

Warren Scout
Dear bunnyxperts,

Can I ask your advise again ? If my possible gut stasis bun is kept in overnight should I ask if they can keep fluffy with her as well ? As he grooms her even more at the monent he seems to know she is not well , however she does not eat when being groomed or stroked ... Do vets even do this ?

Thank you again for probably another stupid question . I did try to use the search but I never seem to use the right key words....:roll:.

######################### update 10.05.2013
She came back Sunday afternoon temp ok , eating hay , does not seem to be in pain. But.....

She is eating hay but I honestly don't know if she is worn out from all the vet toing and froing and stay in or she came home to soon.

Shehas just let me cover her with a towel as I have. Horrible feeling her temp is dropping . How soon after gut stais should she be pooing normally? As I have seen her eat hay but her poo is still very small, I just have a horrible horrible feeling .... The vet said to give her a couple of days before expecting her back to normal but I fear she is not moving in the right direction...

Anyone that rabbit has gut statis does the poo take awhile to get back to normal ?

Am trying not to panic....

Last edited:
Yes, vets know bunnies can be upset when separated so unless there is a good reason they'll usually accommodate an extra. They might say no on the grounds of poop monitoring or if she has a drip (tasty 'wire' to chew), but definitely ask them about it. You can also provide food parcels if she has particular favourites you think will encourage her to eat :)

Lovely thank you. Bless him he's just sitting outside looking :( he is even letting us stroke him more . Xx just hoping she will be ok x

Vetrang temp ok and she is bright but no poo :0( . Fingers tightly crossed . Took mr fluffy to be with her ..... Am waiting for eldest to be asleep before I have a good cry ... :(

Sending lots of vibes for her. I know how heartbreaking it is when they are poorly. I hope she has a good night and eats and poos plenty x

We are 2 weeks post statis and our rabbits made a full recovery, I took all her favorite foods into the vets and the nurse went picking dandilions to tempt her, they were really good about her being separated from her partner but luckily she was home that evening.

Good luck with it all, its heartbreaking when youre going through it.

Thank you. Feel soooooo guilty but the vets have been very kind and said I caught her
Really early. Fluff and binky are so in love will be devastated if she doesn't make it she was abandoned and has been so happy here with us and mr fluff.

Thanks to you all here and wood green leaflet for all I have learnt to spot signs early xxxx another night of little sleep , just wish I knew what had caused it .

Who knew being a bunny mummy was stressful as being an mummy ! Xxx

Right am off to bed waited for the vet chevk at 11 incase she rang .... Fingers crossed for lovely miss b so strange no one to say goodnight to ...... :cry:

Just wanted to send your bun some vibes. She is in the best place and has her husbun to keep her company. Hoping for a happy update tomorrow. x

Thank you ! Have not heard from vets yet.... Sitting on hands trying not to call them ..... Hate the waiting .... :(

######### update ####

Could not wait any longer so rang, they had an emergency so a bit pushed but the receptionist Checked she is eating a bit of hay and seems brighter, taking fluff def helped.... And exhale ... Fingers still crossed :love:

Last edited:
Aww I'm glad she's nibbling :) They might send her home today! Scamp was in overnight after he raided the bin, he wouldn't really eat much for them but he came home and tucked in with a sort of 'I promise to eat all my dinner if you never take me to the vet again' attitude :lol:

Yey :D hope she continues to eat. It'll definately help having her friend there. Keep us updated!!

And I agree, buns are way more stress than kids!

Phew looks like-all is ok . I was painting the run when they called so spoke to husband but she is eating everything that is put in front of her . Took her fav hay and treats in as well as fluff so combination with their care and feeding so sounds positive .....

Miss binky and fluff are home !!

Phew, she is home a mere £149 lighter .... Was expecting much worse . She would not eat in front of them but the observed her from around the corner and she has been noming away. She is obviously a bit quiet but doing well is sitting in the sun next to me at the moment. Just baytril to give her which I can actually do so fingers crossed she is over it . Phew ee xxxx

After previous update seconds ago she is now naming spring green and hay again.... Still have not seen her drink, but then if I watch her too closely she stops eating anyway !

Back