• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Deciding not to use litter tray suddenly

BettyLu

Alpha Buck
Patrick was neutered a few weeks ago. Now, he seems to just pee in the opposite corner to his litter tray.
He is continuing to pee and poop in his tray as well, but is also peeing and pooing in his hay box, which he never used to do :(

Whereever I put the hay, he pees on it.

If I put the hay next to his litter tray for him to munch on, then he just pees on it.

I can't seem to relitter train him, help!

Also, just to note, he isn't peeing in random places, so I don't think he has a UTI.

Well rabbits like to toilet and eat so he's probably just decided to be clean and toilet on his hay :lol:

What is his litter tray? If its full of hay then I wouldn't say he's stopped using the litter tray as much, just doing what he's been 'trained' to do, just wherever there is hay :) Can you keep hay in litter trays and in hay racks above his litter tray? Perhaps have an extra litter tray somewhere for him too?

Well rabbits like to toilet and eat so he's probably just decided to be clean and toilet on his hay :lol:

What is his litter tray? If its full of hay then I wouldn't say he's stopped using the litter tray as much, just doing what he's been 'trained' to do, just wherever there is hay :) Can you keep hay in litter trays and in hay racks above his litter tray? Perhaps have an extra litter tray somewhere for him too?

This makes sense. I'm appalled that he hasn't consulted me on his decision. Would've discussed it in length as its really annoying. Haha. Hay rack is a good idea thank you.

I have long thin plant pots with hay in and they slot nicely into the litter trays, and the buns wee in the tray and munch on the hay. They were only a pound for 2 at poundland x

I have long thin plant pots with hay in and they slot nicely into the litter trays, and the buns wee in the tray and munch on the hay. They were only a pound for 2 at poundland x

What a great idea.

Back