• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Stressed out rabbit and me rescue food

Fluffs mum

Warren Scout
It was my first attempt but it did not go well..........at all. She was stressed heavy breathing and basically wimpering. I think I got a tiny bit in but not much... Have a horrible this will not end well .

Why is she not eating ?

What treatment is she on ?

Sorry if you have said elsewhere, but a bit more information here would be helpful

Are you wrapping her up in a towel to feed her ?

What size syringe are you using ?

Hi jane,

It's the rescue pack of dried food you mix with water, yesterday she refused her pellets in the morning and was shaking when I came down in the morning.

Took her to the vet and he felt tummy said she had no poo in her tummy and had abdominal pain her temp was 34 . ? even tho saw her eating hay the previous evening. So he gave her gut stimulant and pain killer and she did after getting over the stress of the car Jounney pick up a bit but by 6pm took her back as going downhill.

She ate some hay yesterday and produced some soft poo and some dry and one joined together, and wee.

So she obviously on the edge of gut stasis , did not change the diet the only difference is they have been outside in a Run on paving slabs, then back inside at night could stress have caused it ?

This morning she feels cool again , managed to get the baytril into her but not much food she is good at clamping her jaw shut. Did wrap her in a towel.

This is honestly more stressful then when children are ill as at least you can explain to them ...

The shrine in an ss one but the pointy bit is huge so reading up online last night am trying a kids nyrofen one as has no pointy bit.

When was her last dose of pain relief ?

What dose ?

If she is cold to touch it is essential you get her warmed up so I'd suggest providing a snugglesafe or something similar

I would also call the Vet again as he/she may feel that admission for intensive care is necessary

This would include medication by injection, fluid therapy (IV or subcutaneous), placing her in an incubator to help her maintain her body temperature and assisted feeding.

Thank you lovely. She is warm this morning managed to get a bit in her today. Back to the vets today ...

Sorry stupid Auto correction prev post. The vet has taken her in to do meds every 8 hours and syringe feed properly . It is the best day as the two nurses that are in both are rally caring and one of them was going kto adopt her if she did not bond with mr fluffy. So I know she will be getting lots of cuddles and love. Fingers tightly crossed.

Back