• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Happy bunny news

*Funny*Bunny*

Warren Veteran
It looks like Lilly and Harvey will be house bunnies now :D

I offered my spare room to a couple when they were outdoor bunnies saying they would stay outdoors so if they'd have moved into the room the bunnies would have stayed out there. But some circumstances have changed so they unfortunately can't live with me but on the bright side the bunnies are now going to be house bunnies :D

So excited!!!! They love being indoors!!!!

I have a perfect corner for them too. I'm going to bring in their 3 story 4 foot hutch which is completely open on the bottom (sits in their aviary usually) and put their 4x2 foot indoor cage base down (take the metal mesh off permanently) in front of the hutch as a litter tray/hay base. My living room is orangey colours so I'm going to get an orangey outdoor wood paint to paint the hutch so it looks nice in the living room :D my living room is massive too so lots of room to play all day nod night :D

Any tips for wire protection or other tips for having indoor bunnies?

Watch out for skirting board munching and wallpaper stripping if you have wallpaper! :roll:

It's paint so phew they can't get hold of that! They've been indoors for about 2-3 weeks now and no skirting board nibbling so far (touch wood!). I've just been covering the wires up with cushions so far though so I'm going to need more permanent solutions :lol:

Think you can get lots of different types of cable tidy products one should be bunny proof, i use the cushion and a throw at the moment but they dont come in the living room very much as they have the dining room and that has no wires in. O mine like a chew on the corner of a wall and thats plaster and painted. You never know with bunnies indoors though as i have one that will chew everything he can and yet the other dont chew much at all not even the wires although i wouldnt trust him totally but will go out the room for a bit and my laptop cable hasnt been chewed yet.....:wave:

Mine have only just started chewing skirting boards (a tiny bit) after almost 7 months. I put puppy pens round the room but there arent any wires in their bit of my room...
Its great having indoor rabbits isnt it? Mine are gradually moving outside (more space) and I really miss them.

Mine have only just started chewing skirting boards (a tiny bit) after almost 7 months. I put puppy pens round the room but there arent any wires in their bit of my room...
Its great having indoor rabbits isnt it? Mine are gradually moving outside (more space) and I really miss them.

It is lovely :love: I love watching them lounge about :D

Mine will get more room indoors which is nice :D their aviary is 6x12 feet with access to the roof of their 2x4 foot hutch and their 4x1.5 foot 3-story hutch, indoors they'll have the whole living room 24/7 which at a rough guess is 10x30 feet, with their 3-story hutch in :D

This hutch is going to be painted (haven't chosen a colour yet, going to go to wilkinson's and decide next week!) and lined with lino or something like pieces of waterproof tablecloth cut to the right size (and in a nice pattern) with their fleeces in for sleeping on.

27AE82FD-0D93-4612-9841-F2F1565E2197-1411-00000196884C1E55_zpsc173a11f.jpg

And is going to be put in the far left hand corner of this room facing the door/TV (the single armchair is currently further to the right facing more down the room towards the camera so it'll fit in nicely) :D

317.jpg

Back