• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bit of a dilemma regarding unwanted rabbit and guinea pig items.

Mrs. Bunnykins

Wise Old Thumper
In recent times I have been kindly given quite a few indoor cages, carry cases etc.

It's great in most ways because people are buying bigger and better ones for their furry friends. Fantastic.:thumb:

But I daren't sell them just in case someone buys them and thinks it's big enough for their furry friend(s).

So quite often I keep the base of any indoor housing which I use for litter trays and then donate money to Windwhistle.

Also if the carry cases are looking rather tatty, I take off the front grill, clean and disinfect the rest of the case and then use them as warm snuggle boxes which can be used in the winter months.( Once again I make a donation to WW)

It is a dilemma but I do know from what Alice has said is that on most occasions she would refer money to help pay some of her huge vets bill.

I see nothing wrong with that.

I would definitely be worried about someone buying a cage like that thinking it's big enough to house permanently. I have donated actual cages in the past, so if you ever have a cage that you can't use for anything then a rescue may well be welcoming of it.

AMETHYST

Back