• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

U/D Saturday. Mr Bennett is alot better today.

Barn Yard Bunnies

Staff member
I know the signs. He has been very fussy for the last few days, hasn't eaten much today. Given him metacam an hour ago. Its wait and see for the next 24 hours and if he isn't eating properly, back to the vets.

Last edited:
Thanks. I hope all is ok with you and your buns. Its been hard for you lately.

Thanks. I think it's just a blur at the moment:( I'm trying to work out what to do for Esme as she has lived next to Artie since she was 8 weeks old (5 years) and now on her own. He would have been alright with just me but I think she needs bunny companionship. I've had to decide not to increase numbers so I need to find a way of 3 being company for each other but haven't worked out how and who yet.

Thanks. I think it's just a blur at the moment:( I'm trying to work out what to do for Esme as she has lived next to Artie since she was 8 weeks old (5 years) and now on her own. He would have been alright with just me but I think she needs bunny companionship. I've had to decide not to increase numbers so I need to find a way of 3 being company for each other but haven't worked out how and who yet.

I can imagine its very difficult for you. We can't take on anymore animals either and don't know what we would do if Bandit lost Cutie-pie.

The emotional losses get harder and harder and now the financial costs are becoming crippling. Cannot afford to take on anymore animals.:(

Aww...poor Mr. B. He just had one didn't he? :(
Many vibes coming your way for him. xxxx
A lot to juggle under your roof lately ((((((((Hugs)))))), really hope he'll be okay. :)

Thanks everyone.

Yes he had one beginning of April and one 6 weeks before that.

Mr Bennett is active and normal within himself but hasn't touched his pellets and only eaten up his dill. He has been chewing things for the last few days, like the vacuum cleaner, the skirtings under the bed and the desk in the hallway. He only tends to do this when his teeth are playing up. He won't touch crunchies and he normally loves them.

Have booked an early morning appointment incase he needs a dental tomorrow. I don't want Mr Bennett to stop eating over the weekend.

He is frantically chewing the piece of carpet under the bed and has been eating megazorb. Always a bad sign.

Mr Bennett does need another dental. I caught it early this time but he has spurs and his teeth have grown back. His pooes were getting small by this morning but he was still attempting to eat small bits of food. Looks like its going to be an ongoing long term problem. :(

I will ring the vets now and see if he has had it.

Mr Bennett does need another dental. I caught it early this time but he has spurs and his teeth have grown back. His pooes were getting small by this morning but he was still attempting to eat small bits of food. Looks like its going to be an ongoing long term problem. :(

I will ring the vets now and see if he has had it.

Poor Mr B :( sending vibes for him, i hope he's ok xxx

I hope Mr B will be able to come home today. He was fast asleep when I saw him yesterday but I am sure that by now he is awaiting Room Service (AKA C !!) to serve him breakfast xx

Back