• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Would you be able to tell from a photo...

Hesperus

Warren Veteran
...if Ludo's nails need cutting?

His nails are a different colour to Harry's and I could tell on Harry but I just can't tell on Ludo very easily. Obviously if they were super-long it'd be obvious but I don't want them to get that long!

So if I took snaps would you be able to tell so I could take him to the vet nurse to be cut?

(I'm not doing it that's a vet nurse's job :lol::lol:)

I always go by the rule that if they're poking over the edge of the fur then they could do with a clipping.

Are they dark?

If you can, try shining a torch through them from underneath (you might need an extra pair of hands!) Then you can see the quick. I try to clip them to around 3mm from the quick, no closer.

The fur thing depends on how long your buns' fur is....I can never see Apache's claws even when they're long because he's such a hairy moose :lol:

Are they dark?

If you can, try shining a torch through them from underneath (you might need an extra pair of hands!) Then you can see the quick. I try to clip them to around 3mm from the quick, no closer.

The fur thing depends on how long your buns' fur is....I can never see Apache's claws even when they're long because he's such a hairy moose :lol:

Yep, if they went beyond the fur they'd be very long!

Colourwise, they seem to be dark with white ends, but very sharp. I'm not sure, I guess maybe they're not too long. Harry's where always very long and white, always needing clipping (we did them ourselves, he didn't mind, Ludo is a wriggler, so he'll be done at the vet).

I'm wondering if the vet nurse will look at a photo on their facebook page! :lol:

If they're quite a bit longer than the fur on the paw they should be clipped, or you can try put your hands flat under your rabbits front paws and lift so them so they stand on their back legs, they should tense their front claws to grip on to you and you can usually get an idea then, if they're really digging in and you can't feel the actual paw they're too long

Back