• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Ways to conceal and protect cables?

Rosie-Lil

Alpha Buck
Hello. I have not been on here for a while but I thought I'd turn to you inspirational bunny slaves for some help.

I've decided to keep Rosie-Lil in my room as she loves her mums company and I was fretting at the thought of putting her outside. My only issue is that I haven't had a TV for around 5 months due to one chewing mishap that has rendered everything useless (and obviously the danger to her). I could do with some ideas on how to enclose the wires so that she doesn't chew them, or can't chew them I should say. I do pin everything to the walls but it didn't do much good without protection as well. She's such a good girl but wires are her weak spot. Arguments over the downstairs telly are doing my head in now though so I need some help, any advice is appreciated, if it looks attractive then that's even better :)

Get some cable tidies. They are plastic pieces which coil round the wires and cables. Doughnut had a sudden interest in wires, got these, now no interest at all! I got them online.

Are they chew proof incase she does decide to be persistent? I think hiding them will probably work but I'd like to be sure, I'd hate for her to chew into one and come up looking like Einstein, or worse!

If you can pin them to the walls then have you considered cable boxing? I don't think it's officially called that though :oops:

This stuff...

6faf2ad30cf58f2bf3adf9fa8353fccd.jpg

http://www.leadingcables.co.uk/products/68226c_3m_grey_cable_tidy_kit.php

This is what I have, she did give it a nibble but no interest after that, it's obviously no fun!

We use this for laptop cables which can't be fixed to the wall, but only with a view to it giving us more time to stop them - Fudge can chew through this!
I'm not sure if they would bother if it was stuck to the wall though - we haven't tried but I would imagine it would be less interesting to them so they might leave it alone.

I think the trunking would be best for me then. I had all the cabled stuck to the wall but she still decided to eat it! I could use the other stuff for any stray bits that need covering though. Thank you everyone.

Back