• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Pictures of found animals on Facebook.

Aly&Poppy<3

Wise Old Thumper
Do you think it would be a good idea?

This is of Charlie, the black lionhead girlie we have at the moment. No one has contacted my moms cousin with regards to the posters, so I don't know if a picture might help. But then I don't want someone going "oh yeah it's mine" all of a sudden :? I don't know..

Help please :D

On the pages i'm on we don't do pictures. Just the animal and where they were found.

Ie rabbit found in *area of town* please contact. Stops poeple claiming animals that are not theirs.

I wouldn't risk it. If you've put up posters in the area, contacted the vets and rescues, and checked for a chip, then there's not much more you can do. If the bun had an owner they'd track you down from one of those places. After a few days I think you can assume the bun was dumped :(

I wouldn't. For cats I would include a part picture (e.g face only) and would ask for description of rest of body, purely because there are sooooo many cats and they can end up so far from home that it would be virtually impossible for an owner to track one down. But the quantity of lost and found rabbits is far lower and they won't have travelled as far, so I wouldn't put a photo for the reasons already mentioned. If the found bunny is being advertised in logical places like vets, rescues, in the vicinity of where it was found, then that should be enough without a photo.

I thought so, thank you :) Now we know she's a girl we told my moms cousin and she's printed off a few more posters. There are no pictures on them as she has no camera phone/camera, just a 'black rabbit found in 'blah blah' at 'blah blah time'" and she put her work number so she would always have it to answer.

We've had her since 26th May and she was known to be wandering 3+ days before that :( We're going to talk to our bunny vets boss with her about vaccinating her next week and see if she is pregnant.. (My massive worry at the moment!) Vet couldn't feel anything but.. :shock: as she has never had someone do all this for a stray rabbit before so needs a second opinion.

I'm torn. On the one hand I would say no pictures because it can make it difficult to tell who the real owner is. On the other hand I've seen a lot of animals reunited with their owners because someone other than the owner has recognised the animal in the photo.

I'm torn. On the one hand I would say no pictures because it can make it difficult to tell who the real owner is. On the other hand I've seen a lot of animals reunited with their owners because someone other than the owner has recognised the animal in the photo.

I've been putting black lionhead rabbit, she only has a small mane though. But that's just going off crossbreed lionheads I've seen on here. I'm only really weary because (I should have said in the first post really :oops:) she's not the only rabbit to be found/gone missing in this area so I don't want someone to go all of a sudden "oh yeah that's mine" when she isn't spayed.

null_zpsdb78cb19.jpg

Back