• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Lots of pee!!

Rexripley

Mama Doe
I cleaned Alfie out last night and the bottom of his cage was soaking, he is litter trained.
I've just got home and his litter tray is soaking and so is the bottom of the cage and he's drank nearly a whole bottle of water?

Is this just because its warm out?

He's eating, binkying and pooing as normal.

He's booked in for his neuter at the end of the month, I got Bruce done when he was 3 months so I've never experience a six month un neutered bunny before, has that got something to do with it?

When Harrison started drinking loads and leaking pee everywhere the vet treated him for a water infection initially (although whether it was is still a mystery), maybe get him checked out? Hope he's ok :)

I should imagine it's a combination of the warm weather and 'boy hormones'. Is his cage in sunlight or anything? Had he had any fresh food at all? I find Pickle wets his tray more quickly if he's had a lot of wet herbs or whatever. Just keep a very close eye on him and if he seems at all unwell (going off his food, tooth grinding, changing position excessively etc) get him seen. Better safe than sorry and all that!

Back