• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

P@H insurance claim Q - paid! Post 8

Georgeypudding

Wise Old Thumper
Just had a text from them saying

Pets At Home have assessed your claim for Imogen and will soon send your settlement letter and payment

Is this a generic text they send no matter the outcome or have they decided to pay out? :wave: I only ask because I was well over the one month claim time and didn't realised until last week :oops:

Last edited:
It definitely reads to me as if they are paying it.

When I was claiming for Artie's surgery the vets who did the op were on holiday for 2 weeks straight after so I struggled to get the forms in within a month, when I rang P@H they said it was just a guide and it didn't matter if it was after the month ... after I'd stressed loads over it:roll:

oh thats good then! Imogens treatment finished in Feb :oops: the booklet made it sounds like it HAS to be done within the month rather than a guideline, they should make it cleaer :?

oh thats good then! Imogens treatment finished in Feb :oops: the booklet made it sounds like it HAS to be done within the month rather than a guideline, they should make it cleaer :?

Yeah, I know, I was making myself a right pain at the vets ringing and underlining things in red etc so that the form would get back in time and then the P@H bloke on the phone dismissed it as not at all important:roll:

Ooooerrr, I keep hearing about people getting emails and texts from pah, I've had several claims and never had any of those!

I put Heather's first claim in after about 3 months,mainly because it didn't hit the excess limit for a long time (and now it's on about £1000) and it all went through fine.

Ooooerrr, I keep hearing about people getting emails and texts from pah, I've had several claims and never had any of those!

I put Heather's first claim in after about 3 months,mainly because it didn't hit the excess limit for a long time (and now it's on about £1000) and it all went through fine.

not had a single email, but I've had doubles of the texts they have sent me today :lol: wonder why it's only some people :? I got one saying they had received it and then an hour later one telling me they were sending a letter and payment :shock:

ahh thats reassuring thank you :)

They paid out :shock: the bill came to around £1000 and they have given us £742.84. Very happy and surprised! I only sent the forms on Monday :shock:

we never got a text till this month so maybe its a new thing?
Saying that i dislike P@H it took them 9 months to sort our claim out. We just insured everybunny else with Petplan! glad to hear they are paying out hun xx

maybe, I have no idea. They were so quick with our claim, makes me wonder why other people have had so many issues when it only took 5 days for me :?

maybe, I have no idea. They were so quick with our claim, makes me wonder why other people have had so many issues when it only took 5 days for me :?

with us they kept saying we were missing info that both me and the vet had given them, we think they were trying to pull a fast one becuase poppetts case is an ongoing one, she cost us over £1000 last year and thankfully hasnt had an episode this year since coming off the drugs xx

Back