• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Clicker training Ailise to jump - first video! U/D LINK FIXED!

Amethyst

Warren Veteran
Hi all,

Yesterday, I started clicker-training Ailise to jump over hurdles. Today was our second session after only 5 minutes of prior hurdle training. Whadda ya think? :D

AMETHYST

Last edited:
That's brilliant; she seems to have picked it up really quickly. :love::D

On a side note, I've been clicker training my dog and his ears were pricking up every time he heard the clicker on your video and started drooling expecting food....... :roll::lol::lol:

You have inspired me! Been clicking a pen at Lola all morning and hand fed her breakfast to do it :lol:

On a side note, I've been clicker training my dog and his ears were pricking up every time he heard the clicker on your video and started drooling expecting food....... :roll::lol::lol:

Yeah, that's the danger! :lol: Say sorry to your poor pooch from me!

You have inspired me! Been clicking a pen at Lola all morning and hand fed her breakfast to do it :lol:

A perfect start! :D Let me know how it goes! Remember, once she associates the click with a treat, teach only one trick or behaviour at a time until she's got it, otherwise she'll get confused. :)

AMETHYST

I started clicker training mine a while ago to give kisses which they understood really quickly, this makes me want to teach them more things though!
Love it :love:

Yeah, that's the danger! :lol: Say sorry to your poor pooch from me!

I was just looking this thread up for somebody and noticed you'd replied.; sorry I didn't check back at the time. :oops: I'll pass on your apology. ;) How is the clicker training going by the way?

That looks a great start. Perhaps a rug would be good to stop her slipping on the (beautiful) floor.

clever girl :thumb:, maybe a rug might help her do better jumps then she isn't at risk of slipping up on floor and maybe hurting herself

I was just looking this thread up for somebody and noticed you'd replied.; sorry I didn't check back at the time. :oops: I'll pass on your apology. ;) How is the clicker training going by the way?

Not to worry! :wave: Training is going well but I don't have any other videos yet as my camera is somehow lagging on the audio, so the video and sound don't match up. :(

I have also started using the rug from the bathroom to help her not slip. :thumb:

Thanks everyone for the support! I'll post another video when the camera's fixed!

AMETHYST

I'm glad it's going well. I'd love to see more videos if you can get them to work. :D:D

What a great film:love: cleaver girlie:thumb:

I bought a clicker trainer for my two when we first had them as Jenson was a real nippy bun and would bite to get his own way. If you were sat in his way he would bite to say "oi! Move!" Or he would bite you if he knew you had food in your hand. I don't know if it was the clicker training that helped or the fact that he calmed down and settled better but he now hardly ever bites.
Since then we haven't done much with them but seeing this has inspired me to find it out again.

Back